Chicken logic/math,addiction :)

chkncrazy

Songster
6 Years
Apr 23, 2017
Connecticut
so I've had chickens for about 20 years on and off I've built at least eight coops over that time spanned once the novelty wears off and I got tired I tell myself never again and yet again I find myself with a box of peeps. This time I was smart and didn't get rid of my chicken coop that can hold up to 20. i instead converted it into a compartment for my 1 breeding Silver Fox rabbit. Then spring came and I said to myself I could easily convert it back by taking down the wall and getting a hutch that my cousin was willing to give me for the rabbit.... scratching my head wondering what to do..... well it was chick days at Agway and I said this time I'm going to do it right I'm not going to go for the safe way and buy all red stars.... so I came home with two barred rocks two leghorns 2 red Stars, ( mind you agways chicks are all sext as females supposedly).... a few more days past and I said why not get another 6 that way at one point I can get a dozen eggs a day. so I found myself at Tractor Supply and got 3 amberlinks, 3 more red stars........ another week or two went by said this time since I'm doing it right with adding more color I found myself at a local feed store where I purchased for speckled Sussex sexy females... I started off with whining 6 now I'm at 14...... well they're about three months old now and I'm very happy with them and I started seeing posts of people with blue and green eggs.... so I said to myself let me check Craigslist to see if I can find any Easter Eggers around the same age of my chickens..... after a couple weeks of searching I did.... so today I went to go pick up an Easter egger and I figure I'll make it around number of 15.... well the man told me he had one Easter Egger left two black sex links, and that if I bought the trio he'd give me a great deal..... so now I find myself with 17 laying hens..... needless to say I'm happy but does anybody else do these crazy things like me... am I going to wind up being the old crazy chicken man haha.
Thanks for reading my story feel free to comment and share
Aldo

Here they are

Attachments

• 48774.jpeg
    48774.jpeg
    741.3 KB · Views: 7
LOL so addictive right !!!.... We did that exact same thing a couple years ago and never again will we get rid of all our chickens and coops. We learned our lesson its too difficult to just say no to those cute fluff balls :) :love

I need to stop I can't sneak anymore in.... my significant other started catching on when I went over 13 I would sneak a few in here and there hahaha hopefully the three I added today will go unnoticed

I need to stop I can't sneak anymore in.... my significant other started catching on when I went over 13 I would sneak a few in here and there hahaha hopefully the three I added today will go unnoticed
We are a dynamic duo when it comes to chickens. We have hundreds of birds and we are both addicted lol...

... still waiting for an egg from the 18 week old who already supposidly started .....they are still.asnusting to the move I guess :)

Stress can cause that .... we usually up the protein on our feed for birds that have been moved. IDK what the protein does exactly but it seems like it gets them back to laying within a week or 2 instead of waiting months lol .....

I've been feeding them multi flock crumbles which is 22% protein and that's what I usually keep them on when they're adults and supplement with calcium and I got my first egg from one of the three new Pullets.. yipppiee

Back
Top Bottom