Chicken lost half her skin

Abriana

Spicy Sugar Cookie
Apr 26, 2017
Midgard
I was reading this thread all the way through and rooting for her :hugs You did an incredible job. Animals are very intuitive—I’m positive that she felt your care and love and even if her injuries were terrible I’m sure that she was happy in her last days.

If you haven’t said goodbye already, a method I have used is Ether fluid. You put them in an airtight space with a towel soaked in it. Ether is what they used to use for anesthesia, it will put her to sleep peacefully, both for her and you.

SulkyBantam

Flock Consultant
Nov 3, 2020
Ireland
My Coop
I expected to be devastated, but the feeling of doing what was best for her made it so peaceful, even though I was afraid. I'm glad we tried and she died with someone who loves her.
I'm really, really sorry, for her and you, but I do understand and am glad she is at peace and no longer in pain. I'm sure she went painlessly. My condolences.

mrswalker

Chirping
May 7, 2020
I was reading this thread all the way through and rooting for her :hugs You did an incredible job. Animals are very intuitive—I’m positive that she felt your care and love and even if her injuries were terrible I’m sure that she was happy in her last days.

If you haven’t said goodbye already, a method I have used is Ether fluid. You put them in an airtight space with a towel soaked in it. Ether is what they used to use for anesthesia, it will put her to sleep peacefully, both for her and you.
Thank you for the suggestion. I ended up doing it myself, the broomstick method. It was quick and easy, she didn't have a moment of stress.

Top Bottom