chicken lost toenail

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kcjones, Aug 6, 2011.

1. kcjones

kcjones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    we learned 2 things while trying to treat the injured hen, isolate the hen, or the others steal your cotton balls ,an try to eat them and/or help in some other way . And keep a close eye on the rooster with chicken stick in hand(we use a green plastic flyswatter)i never have even swatted them with it. have been waving it at them since they were chicks and telling them to fear the chickenstick, they do [​IMG]

2. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    I love your humor [​IMG]. I find chicken curiosity cute but tremendously irritating when I'm trying to get serious business (like coop/run cleaning) done. I also have a favorite "chicken stick". I'd never use it, of course, but just telling them they'd make a great pot of soup or roast, in combination with waving my chicken stick, seems to keep the worst misbehaving chicken in line [​IMG]

3. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    I use an old tobacco stick! Just pointing it helps. I usually take my injured girls up the handicapped ramp & onto the deck to check out & work on. So far, they haven't followed. (It's a loooooong ramp & they have short attention spans!)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by