Chicken major foot injury 🐔

hi im sorry i havent been active here. i was busy searching for pet clinics that treats chickens but unfortunately there aren't any clinics for chickens in my place. i'll post pictures tomorrow because its already midnight here. to answer your question, yes she cant walk or stand still at all. her wound is really serious and yes, shes been laying in the same position, she does move sometimes, like when she has to angle her body when im feeding her but other than that, shes just sitting still . im still giving her wet foods, yogurt, cooked eggs, vetracin gold every 12 hrs and clean her wound with hydrogen peroxide. but unfortunately, her condition haven't improved at all. she's still eating alot actually, which is good. she won't drink any water so i had to use a dropper for her to drink.
So today is her 5th time taking vetracin, nothing has really improved. I fed her bread and wet feed thrice today. As I was washing her wound, I noticed that her black spot beneath her is like a lump or maybe a tumor because it felt hard and she didn't have this before.

Here are her new photos (she's wet because I just washed her wound) including her bald spot.

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_191706.jpg
    IMG_20220807_191706.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220807_192040.jpg
    IMG_20220807_192040.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220807_191846.jpg
    IMG_20220807_191846.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220807_191900.jpg
    IMG_20220807_191900.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220807_191855.jpg
    IMG_20220807_191855.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220807_191806.jpg
    IMG_20220807_191806.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 6
So today is her 5th time taking vetracin, nothing has really improved. I fed her bread and wet feed thrice today. As I was washing her wound, I noticed that her black spot beneath her is like a lump or maybe a tumor because it felt hard and she didn't have this before.

Here are her new photos (she's wet because I just washed her wound) including her bald spot.
hi everybody, i did some research about tumors in chickens and internet said that hens have a high rate of getting tumors. and im pretty sure the black spot in her is a tumor... i was pretty shocked and panicked because it said that tumors in hens has no cure... but there are things which can slower the growth of the tumor. shes also lying down in a weird position where her other foot is stretched into her back just like the chickens with tumor i saw on google.

hi everybody, i did some research about tumors in chickens and internet said that hens have a high rate of getting tumors. and im pretty sure the black spot in her is a tumor... i was pretty shocked and panicked because it said that tumors in hens has no cure... but there are things which can slower the growth of the tumor. shes also lying down in a weird position where her other foot is stretched into her back just like the chickens with tumor i saw on google.
6ou thought about getting hlthem a coop? Even a temporary one until a better one is built? There would be no need for a rope ever again if they have one. And they'd be safer then just being in the open all night.

6ou thought about getting hlthem a coop? Even a temporary one until a better one is built? There would be no need for a rope ever again if they have one. And they'd be safer then just being in the open all night.
I thought about building a coop but unfortunately my parents refused to it and said our backyard is enough... 😞😞

no chickens were ever harmed due to predators because there aren't any animals that could harm chickens in our neighborhood, no cats or dogs or any big animals lurking our street and our backyard has also a gate too which we close at night.
Not even eagles, owls, and hawks? Coyotes and foxes will also go right up to houses and in people's yards when their sleeping at night. Even in the middle of town. I'm surprised it has not happened yet.

Not even eagles, owls, and hawks? Coyotes and foxes will also go right up to houses and in people's yards when their sleeping at night. Even in the middle of town. I'm surprised it has not happened yet.
No actually. Not even eagles or any animals. Our house including the backyard is really closed and no animals even a cat can fit into our fences and gate. ☺️☺️

No actually. Not even eagles or any animals. Our house including the backyard is really closed and no animals even a cat can fit into our fences and gate. ☺️☺️
What kind of fence do you have??? Never heard of one that can stop predators from going under or over without a roof or skirt of some kind.

HI, really bad news. Her condition hasn't improved and has gotten worse even with antibiotics and daily feeding. I'll be watching her overnight because I do think she won't make it, but I hope she will, I really do. I'm staying with her all night to comfort and watch her. Although it's really hard for me to see her like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20220808_005901.jpg
    IMG_20220808_005901.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom