Chicken making weird noise! Help!!

Victoria Nava

Hatching
Apr 30, 2017
I have a chicken that is making a weird noise. I have looked at videos of coughing and sneezing chickens but she doesn't sound like any of them. She is making a sound similar to a rubber chicken when you squeeze it. That's best way I can describe it.She is eating fine and acting normal as far as I can tell. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and I have no idea what it could be.

I have a chicken that is making a weird noise. I have looked at videos of coughing and sneezing chickens but she doesn't sound like any of them. She is making a sound similar to a rubber chicken when you squeeze it. That's best way I can describe it.She is eating fine and acting normal as far as I can tell. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and I have no idea what it could be.

Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC

Can you post a video of her?
Have you check inside her beak for obstructions?

Is her crop emptying properly - full at night, empty in the morning before eating/drinking?

Hi :frow Welcome To BYC

Can you post a video of her?
Have you check inside her beak for obstructions?

Is her crop emptying properly - full at night, empty in the morning before eating/drinking?

Thank you! :)
I tried to get a video of her making the noise a couple days ago but of course, she wouldn't do it until after I stopped the video (this happened several times). I'll try again tomorrow. I have not looked into her beak, that's also something I will be doing tomorrow. What should I be looking For? When I picked her up a couple days ago, before she went up to roost for the night her crop was full. I leave for work early and since we have had a visit from a hawk before, my boyfriend let's them out once he gets up. I'm pretty sure he hasn't checked her crop to see if it was empty.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom