1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Math!!! :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aubreynoramarie, Nov 8, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Back when we started with chickens we lived in a cute home on a very small lot downtown. We planned on having two or three good laying hens and really two or three was all we COULD have.

My boyfriends mother owns two homes- His childhood home and a double wide out in the sticks which she lives in. When my boyfriend found out she was selling his childhood home he decided that we needed to save it since its only five years from being paid off.

well this house has a massive backyard. And now chicken math is OUT OF CONTROL!

my two chickens? Now almost thirty! [​IMG]

And you know, hes such a good sport. Last night we were out with friends and they were giving us stinkface asking how many chickens i have acquired.... imagine their shock when i told them how my flock had grown!
    Well they asked him how he felt about it, and I fully expected him to shake his head and give some kind of "she does what she wants" comment. (especially since I just received 14 chickens from ideal without consulting him to add to our flock of 13...)

But no! Instead he smiled and said, "I dont mind, I really like the chickens."

I love him! Now there is REALLY no stopping me! [​IMG]

and here are some pics of the new babies...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (btw, yes i ordered 14 and yes they sent me 25 chicks!)

and some of the big girls!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay okay, ill stop now!!! hahaha

2. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] What a beautiful flock!

3. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    [​IMG] your babies are so cute!

4. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    awwww too cute, and Love your grown up flock. I want polishes so bad it hurts. [​IMG] [​IMG] I only have an 4 by 8 coop and already have 2 roos and 3 hens. One of my roos is an standred size. I need an toutor for math in general , expecially chicken math, because all I would do is add. lol [​IMG] Their addicting! [​IMG]

5. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    adding is easier than subtracting! lol

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    They're all adorable, and your guy sounds like a keeper [​IMG]

7. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I started with a simple flock of TSC chicks in March (6 birds) and today I have 23 + or minus (had a few die recently) and 25 eggs with only 5 days left in the incubator. My husband is not as pleased with me as yours. >> And I live in a residential area. [​IMG]

8. HOly COW!! is that our boy there in the one picture??? He looks great! love the new babies too! how many polish did you get?

9. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:were in residential too, but are lucky enough to have some pretty awesome neighbors

10. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Quote:I got six more to add to the two that we got. we fell in love with them as they are absolutely the sweetest birds we have ever had!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by