Chicken Math!!! :D

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Back when we started with chickens we lived in a cute home on a very small lot downtown. We planned on having two or three good laying hens and really two or three was all we COULD have.

My boyfriends mother owns two homes- His childhood home and a double wide out in the sticks which she lives in. When my boyfriend found out she was selling his childhood home he decided that we needed to save it since its only five years from being paid off.

well this house has a massive backyard. And now chicken math is OUT OF CONTROL!

my two chickens? Now almost thirty!
th.gif

And you know, hes such a good sport. Last night we were out with friends and they were giving us stinkface asking how many chickens i have acquired.... imagine their shock when i told them how my flock had grown!
Well they asked him how he felt about it, and I fully expected him to shake his head and give some kind of "she does what she wants" comment. (especially since I just received 14 chickens from ideal without consulting him to add to our flock of 13...)

But no! Instead he smiled and said, "I dont mind, I really like the chickens."

I love him! Now there is REALLY no stopping me!
yippiechickie.gif

and here are some pics of the new babies...

2eac9e44.jpg

8c11ed28.jpg

a4959c05.jpg

c52c4419.jpg

8361ee52.jpg

(btw, yes i ordered 14 and yes they sent me 25 chicks!)

and some of the big girls!

c917cdde.jpg

f4a6c3f3.jpg

faa3bd6d.jpg

a2705f27.jpg

2ad1407c.jpg

0933f61e.jpg

0e25427c.jpg

f2342713.jpg

a4b519da.jpg

ed17f722.jpg

Okay okay, ill stop now!!! hahaha

awwww too cute, and Love your grown up flock. I want polishes so bad it hurts.
th.gif
hit.gif
I only have an 4 by 8 coop and already have 2 roos and 3 hens. One of my roos is an standred size. I need an toutor for math in general , expecially chicken math, because all I would do is add. lol
roll.png
Their addicting!
love.gif

I started with a simple flock of TSC chicks in March (6 birds) and today I have 23 + or minus (had a few die recently) and 25 eggs with only 5 days left in the incubator. My husband is not as pleased with me as yours. >> And I live in a residential area.
roll.png

Quote:
I got six more to add to the two that we got. we fell in love with them as they are absolutely the sweetest birds we have ever had!

Back
Top Bottom