1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Chicken math got me today!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by navasima, Nov 12, 2011.

1. navasima

navasima Songster

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    I brought home a black, frizzled cochin roo today - Ozzie. He's awesome!!! The flock - including the cockeral - took to him immediately - no fuss. [​IMG] But that makes 1 roo,1 cockeral, 7 hens, 7 pullets and 1 silkie that hasn't come forward to declare a gender. So I had to take the 2 three week old game chicks offered me....maybe they'd be girls and get added later.....and they were so small in the brooder cage that I had to take the 4 three week old silkies a lady close by brought to me so they wouldn't be too lonely...

-went for some hay shake for nest boxes...that was free - ended the day with 7 more birds.....still wondering what happened....

...LOVING IT!! [​IMG]

-just wanted to share with some folks that would understand the excitement and not insist that I be committed-

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

2. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Songster

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    I still get that excitement. Went to look at a polish yesterday and came home with 25 birds. [​IMG]

3. navasima

navasima Songster

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    Ah - see, I'm not so bad! When I went to look at a Polish, I only came home with the Polish and 2 others! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by