Chicken math is real Serama mixes?

As much as I would like to I really need a bigger coop (going to add a 2nd one soon). I have 5 chicks that I have to figure out who are keepers. I told the kids to choose two girls if any of them are.

These are so small I could see how it would be tempting to keep them in the house.
We have 30. You know, you can almost have 2 bantams for each large size chicken....

Are they from a hatchery? Like the store bought from them?

No our local tack store takes in unwanted birds and resells them. Most people bring in their unwanted roosters ( that’s what I did with my aggressive d’uccle)but a couple of months ago I saw some really pretty Ee’s. From what they told me there was originally 8 of these bantams. Not sure how old but they lay eggs already.

Some people let their kids raise chicks and give them back to the store. In town where the store is people aren’t allowed to keep chickens.

No our local tack store takes in unwanted birds and resells them. Most people bring in their unwanted roosters ( that’s what I did with my aggressive d’uccle)but a couple of months ago I saw some really pretty Ee’s. From what they told me there was originally 8 of these bantams. Not sure how old but they lay eggs already.
Ok. Well,the could be OEGB mixes, maybe some Serama....

Pictures from today. The laced one is the more friendly of the two but I’m wondering about an eye problem with the buff girl that I will put in a separate post on the health forum. No eggs yet.

52D41C09-4FF1-42D2-A12A-352E88F784FB.jpeg

Pictures from today. The laced one is the more friendly of the two but I’m wondering about an eye problem with the buff girl that I will put in a separate post on the health forum. No eggs yet.

View attachment 1599322
They will be under stress for a while, since they are in a new place. Depending on the birds, it may be just a week or two, or maybe a month before they lay. But they will start up again.

Back
Top Bottom