Chicken math prevailed!

Does anyone know what the cure is for Chicken Math short of giving away all of your birds and burning your coop? lol, my bunch keeps growing, have just booted 3 out of the guest room, have 2 new ones in the tote and have 3 more to add as soon as they dry, waiting to see if #6 hatches, today is officially hatch day. 2-barnyard mix, 2-olive egger and 1 Naked Neck so far, the remaining egg is another olive egger. They were rescued from a confused broody, she couldn't figure out what nest to get back on after getting down to eat, drink, poo and bathe.

Does anyone know what the cure is for Chicken Math short of giving away all of your birds and burning your coop? lol, my bunch keeps growing, have just booted 3 out of the guest room, have 2 new ones in the tote and have 3 more to add as soon as they dry, waiting to see if #6 hatches, today is officially hatch day. 2-barnyard mix, 2-olive egger and 1 Naked Neck so far, the remaining egg is another olive egger. They were rescued from a confused broody, she couldn't figure out what nest to get back on after getting down to eat, drink, poo and bathe.

Ohhhhhh... pictures of new chickies so that we can all drool and satiate our own chicken math addictions. Please? I don't think they've found a cure for chicken math. Yet. I (secretly) hope they don't. :oops:

Does anyone know what the cure is for Chicken Math short of giving away all of your birds and burning your coop?
Lots of cures - fried chicken, roast chicken, chicken soup... :gig

@MissMarple I actually just wanted to stop by and say I love your screen name :D I was a big Miss Marple fan back in the day.

@MissMarple I actually just wanted to stop by and say I love your screen name :D I was a big Miss Marple fan back in the day.
:gig:lau:gigI've got a excess of Roo's that are going to end up as chicken and dumplings, I'd try re-homing but these are human aggressive.. I won't pass that problem along to others.

Ohhhhhh... pictures of new chickies so that we can all drool and satiate our own chicken math addictions. Please? I don't think they've found a cure for chicken math. Yet. I (secretly) hope they don't. :oops:
These are my most recent little monsters..lol, 2 are barnyard mix, 3 are olive eggers and 1 is suppose to be a Naked Neck, the little blue one, how he ended up full feather, all I can think of is either a recessed gene or because Momma and Daddy both are bibbed.
upload_2019-10-17_11-20-8.png
upload_2019-10-17_11-20-51.png
upload_2019-10-17_11-22-1.png

I don't know if I'll have the guts to do it, but my ideal scenario would be to periodically get/hatch babies so I can enjoy the cute fluffy stage over and over, and when they get big and overpopulated, I eat them... Best of both worlds - lots of babies without overpopulation, and tasty home-grown chicken. If I can pull it off...

:lau:gig:lau:gig:lau

True!!! These are cures.... For your existing excess. But then.... Chicken math replaces the fried chicken, roast chicken, chicken soup with twice the chickens needed for the recipes. It's a never-ending circle of chickens!

Thank you!! I love Agatha Christie! The chicken in my avatar is Miss Marple. The other 2 Speckled Sussex we have are Agatha and Christie! :highfive:

These are my most recent little monsters..lol, 2 are barnyard mix, 3 are olive eggers and 1 is suppose to be a Naked Neck, the little blue one, how he ended up full feather, all I can think of is either a recessed gene or because Momma and Daddy both are bibbed.
View attachment 1937103View attachment 1937104View attachment 1937106

Okay... I was wrong... Didn't satiate anything!!!! :love:love:love:love:love:love:love

They are absolutely adorable!!!!!!! Naked Neck or no, that little baby is the cutest!!!!! Y'all, I can't.. I need more chickens.

ChickenMan and I were having the culling discussion last night and how many (and who) we're going to cull and when. I knew I shouldn't have named anybody. :rant But in order to make room for any new additions in the Spring... Chicken dinners for days!

I don't know if I'll have the guts to do it, but my ideal scenario would be to periodically get/hatch babies so I can enjoy the cute fluffy stage over and over, and when they get big and overpopulated, I eat them... Best of both worlds - lots of babies without overpopulation, and tasty home-grown chicken. If I can pull it off...

This. This is what I want to do. We just kinda went overboard at the very beginning because I couldn't help myself. 6-12 was the magic number at first. It ended up being 36 and we've lost two so we're sitting at 34 now. I know two are for sure being culled (Roger is the size of a young turkey at this point) and we were discussing how many others. We have a surplus of some breeds. 4 Australorps (Yes, this is a surplus, given that we have maybe 1 or 2 of each other breed, lol) and 4 BRs, 3 Sussex, 3 Calico Princess... I'm being selective about who goes. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom