Chicken math

I started out wanting 3 pullets. I went to chick days at TSC and the minimum was 6 so I bought 6 barred rocks. They were not sexed and I think I have a few males in there so I am going back tomorrow to get 6 pullets when the shipment arrives. So chicken math is 3=12. It's okay, thankfully I have room. :)

Started with six silkies.. Found out they were all roosters.. Ended up with 17 girls shortly after. Finished coop and run extension number four today also. The five new ameracaunas and plymouth rock bantams gave us some motivation. Chicken math.. It just keeps adding up!

If you resist chicks when you have some coming soon in the mail and you buy a bunny instead, I think that counts. I'm not seeing any real will power there. Lol
LOL....I agree...With the help of a couple girls...And ofcourse the bunny was the "only" grey one there....We're getting 4 more from my daughter's friend...

It's a full time gig for the wife, I work to pay for coops! We'll sell 99% of those eggs when they hatch, well, I say that, 14 coops later...........................
That's very sweet of you....I don't think my husband woud build me 14 coops..lol....I'll be lucky to get him to build me a second coop for my silkies coming in June...(That he doesn't know about yet..
wink.png
)

Last edited:
I've lived to see another day...lol...
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
Here are my new babies......Aren't they the cutest.....The librarian is going to take some for us tho...Accidently ordered these instead of my SILKIES...Those are coming in June...

I've lived to see another day...lol...
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
Here are my new babies......Aren't they the cutest.....The librarian is going to take some for us tho...Accidently ordered these instead of my SILKIES...Those are coming in June...
You should keep the polish!!!!!!!!!!!! Just watching that bird go from that chick stage to full grown is one of the more amazing tranformations to me and a special part of owing that unique and spectacular bird! JMHO

Last edited:
You should keep the polish!!!!!!!!!!!! Just watching that bird go from that chick stage to full grown is one of the more amazing tranformations to me and a special part of owing that unique and spectacular bird! JMHO
I kept 5 Polish and the librarian is in love with her 5 Polish...My husband only wanted 13 chickens total (I'm at 21 but 5 are Cornish cross) And Silkies (my DREAM chicken) coming...Then I have frizzle's on my list of "must have's"...Then I saw the Jersey Giant on facebook and was like OH MY GOODNESS....I don't think I'd get ANY visitors if I had them, so maybe I need 2...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom