Chicken Move In Day!!!

ldirk7

Songster
May 5, 2021
SW Montana
Just a little chicken joy today from a first time chicken owner- our young chickens finally got to move in full time to our coop! We are still working on certain details (more cleats on the ramp, wood chips, better feeder once they get old enough, etc.) but it is secure and good enough for them to move in. They look so happy, it's so fun to watch them behave like happy chickens!! Today is a good day.

Annette- Mottled Houdan
Rosie- Light Brahma
Ginny- Rhode Island Red
Stella- Buff Orpington
Bonnie- Barred Rock

Right now Rosie is my favorite, but it has changed multiple times so far as they have grown up. :)

chicken4.jpg

chicken5.jpg
chicken6.jpg
chicken8.jpg
chicken2.jpg
chicken7.jpg
chicken1.jpg
chicken3.jpg
chicken9.jpg
chicken10.jpg

That is good news! I was feeling confident on the barred rock and buff orpington being pullets, unsure on the RIR, and no clue on the brahma and houdan!
Well, they look like pullets from the perspective of the photos, however, you could post better pictures of the combs and that may help…

@cherrynberry I do plan on posting a detailed photo thread of them in the breed/gender forum this weekend. I have been (not so patiently) waiting until they hit 8-9 weeks! Thank you though!
No problem 😉 The Houdan is the one that may need slightly more time, and is hard to see in the photos. Hopefully they are mostly, if not all pullets!

Back
Top Bottom