Chicken Murder... I didn't think it would happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
idunno.gif

Not to split hairs, but that is ONE solution. The BEST (IMHO) would be for the owner to get a fence or a higher fence.
big_smile.png

I guess it would be easier to find a local restaurant that specializes in "exotic" cuisines and make a donation.
lol.png

Quote:
idunno.gif

Not to split hairs, but that is ONE solution. The BEST (IMHO) would be for the owner to get a fence or a higher fence.
big_smile.png

I guess it would be easier to find a local restaurant that specializes in "exotic" cuisines and make a donation.
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

I pay 20 to 25.00 and up for my laying hens
the other birds hid because they saw what was going on
when i confronted my neighbor about his dogs
he told me that he would through a few bucks my way and give him the chicken
i went bolisic to the point where i almost got in trouble with a thread i made here
i really do not believe that non chicken owners understand how we love and care for our flock
but you know
his wife should of taken care of her dog
what if that dog would had bit you or one of your family members
that dog will be back
i know this through experience

I've read so much about dogs getting into the run and killing chickens that it has scared me. I keep a rifle in the garage with a clip separate from it, but I can have the clip in the gun and ready to fire as I'm running out to the run. Dogs can be dogs, but they shouldn't be allowed to run from their property to kill other people's chickens. I'd blast the dog if it was in my chicken run just like I'd do a coon or 'possum if it was there as well.

hugs.gif
Sorry for the loss of your PETS!
hugs.gif
As far as a fence, that's great IF you can afford one at the moment. Otherwise, it's not like your chickens were in the neighbors yard looking for a fight. A dog attack happened to us, (the dog is no more) lost more than three quarters of our flock, and we were compensated just before taking the neighbors to court (thanks to Horsejody's letter). We were also harrassed by the neighbors afterwards. Still didn't receive a "sorry about your chickens", but did get one from the father for the harrassment from his sons. Can't have it all... Again, I'm sorry for your loss and for anyone that has to go through this kind of ROTTON, STINKING kind of thing.
barnie.gif
sad.png
hugs.gif
(It does get better eventually, my DD will tell you that).
smile.png

That's too bad. I am sorry to hear your loss. We put a lot of time and money in chickens and for what....what a lame neighbor you have. You aught to slap her upside the head and shake her and ask what ails her. Kid of no kid. KEEP THE DAM DOG TIED. Sue her.

I decided to get a dog and train him to protect the hens. Not sure if it would be an answer for you. My pup is a pit and I do believe not many dogs would tangle with him once he's full grown. I also have loaded guns throughout the house in case I see something. I have heard electric fences work quite well. Not sure of the cost though.

Quote:
Fencing can be expensive and it's not the OP's responsibility to keep her neighbors' dogs off her property. It's the dog owner's responsiblity to fence in their dog other do whatever it takes to keep their dog in. I wouldn't dream of asking my neighbors to contribute to the costs of keep my animals (dogs or any) within the borders of my own property.

Yeah, it might solve her problem, depending on the fence and the predatory, but that's quite a financial investment that should be her neighbor's.

It cost me $1000 to fence in goats in a field with five strands of hotwire. I'm sure prices vary from region to region but that wasn't pocket change for me.

If people can afford to put up fences, that's GREAT. And they should do so, but again, it's not YOUR responsilbilty to take on the financial burden of keeping your neighbors' animals off you.

If they border each other, they can both contribute to a fence, but again, the OP's chickens are not the problem (unless they free range past her property line).

The argument of a sleeping baby should not be brought up, HOWEVER the mother of the baby did in fact acknowledge that she KNEW her dog was loose & REFUSED to retrieve it.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom