Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Pics
When they were young they thought I was going to eat them so wherever I set them down at they would lay there. Now it's a different story and they will fly off if given the chance.

this is my mutt hen I think she is cross between a light brahma and something else

Yes, I found a Mutt Club! I don't think I can handle the stress of a purebred flock, haha! Here are some pics of my lovely mutts.l

Estella, a RIR/Game mix.

Little Red, a RIR/Black Australorp mix.

Cutie, a Turken/Game mix, and by far the cutest baby we have! She's the runt but she's a spitfire and loves to jump on my back and sit there until I feed her, haha!

Dark, our little Game/??? mix. He's a little cockerel and I don't know which parent he took after. None of our roosters were black. His mom was a white game hen....I'm so confused! But he's so darn adorable!

Aww such beautiful chooks!!

Here is my Millie moo

Oh my glob! I just want to squeeze her, she's so cute! I'm always afraid that if we ever get any delicate looking hens that we'll lose them or they'll die. We live in Texas where it's always hot and there is little change in the weather. But she's just gorgeous! I wish we could have one as beautiful as that. But I love my gamey looking chickens. They are so fun to be around (and they certainly have some interesting quirks, haha)!

Oh my glob! I just want to squeeze her, she's so cute! I'm always afraid that if we ever get any delicate looking hens that we'll lose them or they'll die. We live in Texas where it's always hot and there is little change in the weather. But she's just gorgeous! I wish we could have one as beautiful as that. But I love my gamey looking chickens. They are so fun to be around (and they certainly have some interesting quirks, haha)!

Aww thank you! She really isn't delicate at all. Granted in England we don't get super hot summers (although this year has been pretty good!) she's small and was happily playing out in the sun whilst the others were in the shade. She's just a broody little madam! :)

Aww thank you! She really isn't delicate at all. Granted in England we don't get super hot summers (although this year has been pretty good!) she's small and was happily playing out in the sun whilst the others were in the shade. She's just a broody little madam! :)
We're clearing 105 degrees Fahrenheit here, so most of my chickens are pretty much heat proof. Except the Brahmas because they were too cute to pass up on as chicks. Now, they just dust bathe beneath the oak trees. I think, though, that when the "winter" comes around (it only gets to be about 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter around here, haha), most of them will enjoy the weather even more. It's been raining buckets lately, and all they've been doing is getting soaked while searching for bugs, haha!

She's gotta be one of the cutest hens ever, though. Maybe one day I can get one like her, but until then, I'll enjoy my little mutts, heehee!

Back
Top Bottom