Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Pics
Ya my easter egger/RIR mixes are quiet the characters lol. They are my fav so far :) Always jumping around and the three of them are always laying next to each other its pretty cute :) Well still nothing from the other eggs. Should I call it?!?! Or give it another day? Today is day 22

RIR Golden sexlink mix

Black astrolop RIR mix

Amer. RIR mix

Pure RIR

Amer. RIR mix

Dark Cornish game RIR mix

Golden sexlink RIR mix

Mystery chick RIR mix

Pure RIR

Amer. RIR mix

My new chick profile pics lol I love it when they are fuzzy
love.gif

RIR Golden sexlink mix
Black astrolop RIR mix
Amer. RIR mix
Pure RIR
Amer. RIR mix
Dark Cornish game RIR mix
Golden sexlink RIR mix
Mystery chick RIR mix
Pure RIR
Amer. RIR mix
My new chick profile pics lol I love it when they are fuzzy
love.gif
Too cute! Great hatch! Leave the others in until day 24. Did you listen to them to see if they were peeping?

I love the fuzzys too, that's why I got Silkies. They STAY fuzzy! and Cute! Forever! (mostly
wink.png
)..

Last edited:
The other three are not moving, peeping or pipping :( I am going to leave them for a bit but I fear the worst
hit.gif
Everyone has told me that 12 out of 15 is an amazing first hatch and I can see that but I was really hoping for all of them to hatch
hmm.png
A fools dream I know lol

The other three are not moving, peeping or pipping :( I am going to leave them for a bit but I fear the worst
hit.gif
Everyone has told me that 12 out of 15 is an amazing first hatch and I can see that but I was really hoping for all of them to hatch
hmm.png
A fools dream I know lol
Did you candle to see what it looks like inside?

Did you float test to see if there was any movement you couldn't discern by your naked eye?

Yes, 12 out of 15 is an amazing first hatch.. but if there is a chance those are still alive and they just need some more time - I would do it.

If there is movement in the float test (and use nice warm water and dry them off) then put them back in.

If there is still nothing.. poke a teeny tiny hole in the very center of the aircell and look inside using the candling light. Hopefully you will see movement then. If there is any blood stop opening and put it back in...

I hope they are just resting or late to the party...

Never bad to dream, nothing foolish in that.

I have not done a water test. I have sat and watched them for 10 mins. Making noise shinning my light on them nothing. I think I will give them tonight then do what you suggested. Thanks for the advice. I was trying to leave them at the perfect heat and hum. not wanting to disturb them to much. But I think tomorrow will be the day to check it out :)

Ya my easter egger/RIR mixes are quiet the characters lol. They are my fav so far :) Always jumping around and the three of them are always laying next to each other its pretty cute :) Well still nothing from the other eggs. Should I call it?!?! Or give it another day? Today is day 22

EE X RIR..... Hmmmm I think that cross will be interesting because RIR have can be very mean an a EE tend to be docile so I wonder if a RIR X EE would make like a even tempered chicken? I know that my chickens are Ameraucana X RIR an they are MEAN

Did you candle to see what it looks like inside?

Did you float test to see if there was any movement you couldn't discern by your naked eye?

Yes, 12 out of 15 is an amazing first hatch.. but if there is a chance those are still alive and they just need some more time - I would do it.

If there is movement in the float test (and use nice warm water and dry them off) then put them back in.

If there is still nothing.. poke a teeny tiny hole in the very center of the aircell and look inside using the candling light. Hopefully you will see movement then. If there is any blood stop opening and put it back in...

I hope they are just resting or late to the party...

Never bad to dream, nothing foolish in that.
What is the float test? How do you do it?

Back
Top Bottom