Chicken myths and old wives' tales, please!

wink.png

A little off topic, but if you want to see some crazy bird dancing, check out an emu's devil dance:

BTW, one chicken's song is another chicken's caterwaul.

Quote:
That's it! That's what mine looks like too, he drops one wing, does a fancy step, then jumps on the girls! LOL

I call that the Woo Dance.
smile.png

Ahhhh, the Rooster Circle, Drop Wing, Dance of Love!

Now, back to The Egg Song... It Is the same series of syllables as a warning cry, but like Cantonese and Mandarin languages, the TONE of the syllables signifies the meaning. Any experienced chicken keeper can tell the difference between The Egg Song and All Heck is Breaking Loose.

Humph.

I get the classic: Are you even allowed to own chickens? Do you really eat those eggs? and; Aren't they very dirty/smelly/a lot of work?

But my all time favorite came when explaining why I traded out my roosters (didn't bother calling them cockerels - he wasn't going to understand). I said, "I don't plan to grow my flock with any baby chicks, so unfertilized eggs will be fine for me. And my neighbors will tolerate my hobby so much better with out the crowing." He said, "Wait. Fertilized eggs? Do chickens have sex?"
gig.gif

Quote:
I call that the Woo Dance.
smile.png

Ahhhh, the Rooster Circle, Drop Wing, Dance of Love!

Now, back to The Egg Song... It Is the same series of syllables as a warning cry, but like Cantonese and Mandarin languages, the TONE of the syllables signifies the meaning. Any experienced chicken keeper can tell the difference between The Egg Song and All Heck is Breaking Loose.

Humph.

That's right!
thumbsup.gif

I actually feel my rooster is ....ahem....a bad role model for my teenage sons.

Wham, bam, thank you mamm and he is already scouting out the next gal when he finishes. He stamps his feet and expects them to present their rears. Sometimes he....entertains...as many as three ladies in the space of five minutes and is a loudmouth about it, too.

NOT what you want your teenage boys seeing.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom