Chicken myths and old wives' tales, please!

Ahah, ladies and gents.... We all know that we know chickens CANNOT fly!!! You know, like turkeys and ostriches and such... there flightless birds...

Would you PLEASE come tell my new pullet that she can Not fly?
roll.png

I am so tired of retreiving her from branches of the oak tree!
cool.png

Thankfully, she has only flown over the six foot chainlink fence once, landed on neighbors' shed's roof and after she felt safe, flew home again without notice.
lol.png

I posted on facebook a while back that I was going out to give the girls some leftover scrambled eggs. My uncle goes into this rant about chicken canabalism and such. These were store bought eggs because the girls weren't laying... He's still convinced you need a roo for eggs. I have 6 hens, no roo and most are laying at this point just fine without a roo! lol

Quote:
I have to admit to being a little bit worried about getting pecked. I love my chooks but get a bit jumpy when they look at me cos I think they're going to peck my eyes out. I'm getting over it though! They went crazy for my son's toes the other day. Must have thought they were worms.

Quote:
So is the bacon! It must be dairy, too! LOLz

As far as needing a roo around to have eggs... I think that is just wishful thinking by women that wonder if they left that jerk of a boyfriend would their menstrual cycle stop?
hide.gif

Good thing it's not true; or we would be extinct, LOLz
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom