Chicken Names share their names here

We started with 9 and now have 25 chickens:

The Hei Hei's - 4 RSL Hens
Frodo & Sam - 1 Dark and 1 Light Brahma (Both Hens, got their names because they have furry feet like hobbits)
Charlotte - White Sussex
Martha - EE
Mavis - Dominique
Col. Sanders - White Leghorn (Hen, got her name because sometimes i just want to fry her up extra crispy lol)

Lucian, Orion, Indigo, Willow, Clary and Violet - Lavender Orpingtons
Ginny & Hermione - Buff Orpingtons
Pheonix, Ginger & Ruby - RIR
Meg - Barred Rock
Honey - ISA Brown
Snoop & Crowley - Black Sex Links

Ok... here you go.... I have:
Darky or Hawk the Dark Brahma (Originally Darky, but the kids decided she looked like a hawk when her feathers came in... She still gets called either)
Buff and Buffy: Both Buff Brahmas
Lighty and Whitey: Both Light Brahmas
Blacky the BJG
Silver the Silver Spangled Hamburg
Cairo the Gold Spangled Hamburg
Rocky the Barred Rock
Bucky the Buckeye
Bunny the EE (Of course)
Lacey the GLW
Specks the SS
Foghorn the Leghorn

Yep, I know I'm really original. The larger girls were named as they were because I didn't know if/how many might be cockerels, and if they were we were going to put them in the freezer. They all turned out to be pullets.

We have so many... it's hard to remember who's who and which is what.. but... I'll give it a chance. Please note, a lot where named by the kids.

Raven. Trixie. Taco. Halo 3. Featers. Mustard. Butters. Golden Godzilla. Bird bird. Ducky. Yuko. Peppa. Tuxedo. Satan (he's a big rooster, kind of creepy, love him tho) watermelon bella. Strawbella. Purpella. Erica. Daisy. Princess Peach. Hawk. Etc.. can't think of the others name... most of the time they're just Bird Birds lol

We started with 9 and now have 25 chickens:

The Hei Hei's - 4 RSL Hens
Frodo & Sam - 1 Dark and 1 Light Brahma (Both Hens, got their names because they have furry feet like hobbits)
Charlotte - White Sussex
Martha - EE
Mavis - Dominique
Col. Sanders - White Leghorn (Hen, got her name because sometimes i just want to fry her up extra crispy lol)

Lucian, Orion, Indigo, Willow, Clary and Violet - Lavender Orpingtons
Ginny & Hermione - Buff Orpingtons
Pheonix, Ginger & Ruby - RIR
Meg - Barred Rock
Honey - ISA Brown
Snoop & Crowley - Black Sex Links

Wow your names are as varied as your flock! I always want to ask how one can tell the difference, but in reality I know that one can recognize them by their traits as well as breed.

I'm always impressed with the work one puts in with a flock of that size! It takes love and I personally don't think anyone should call this a hobby!

We have so many... it's hard to remember who's who and which is what.. but... I'll give it a chance. Please note, a lot where named by the kids.

Raven. Trixie. Taco. Halo 3. Featers. Mustard. Butters. Golden Godzilla. Bird bird. Ducky. Yuko. Peppa. Tuxedo. Satan (he's a big rooster, kind of creepy, love him tho) watermelon bella. Strawbella. Purpella. Erica. Daisy. Princess Peach. Hawk. Etc.. can't think of the others name... most of the time they're just Bird Birds lol

Don't you just love the names children come up with! Golden Godzilla and watermelon Bella! And who couldn't love a rooster named satan, LOL

Ok... here you go.... I have:
Darky or Hawk the Dark Brahma (Originally Darky, but the kids decided she looked like a hawk when her feathers came in... She still gets called either)
Buff and Buffy: Both Buff Brahmas
Lighty and Whitey: Both Light Brahmas
Blacky the BJG
Silver the Silver Spangled Hamburg
Cairo the Gold Spangled Hamburg
Rocky the Barred Rock
Bucky the Buckeye
Bunny the EE (Of course)
Lacey the GLW
Specks the SS
Foghorn the Leghorn

Yep, I know I'm really original. The larger girls were named as they were because I didn't know if/how many might be cockerels, and if they were we were going to put them in the freezer. They all turned out to be pullets.

Awesome names! So many eggs! Did you plan on at least one rooster? Or do you have one already

Awesome names! So many eggs! Did you plan on at least one rooster? Or do you have one already

As the first set of 6 (the Brahmas and the BJG) came from the local feed store as straight run, I planned for a couple of them being cockerels. I had a paranoid moment once where I thought half of them were cockerels and ordered everybody else (except the hamburgs) from Meyers as sexed pullets. Then I got the Hamburgs a couple of weeks ago. So... I had thought I had some cockerels, but I ended up not... Yea, gonna have a lot of eggs. I'm actually trying to decide if I want to deal with it, or give up two of my brahmas. I love my multi-colored flock!

Back
Top Bottom