Chicken names?

Gypsy07

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
My Marsh Daisy ladies are the only ones with names out of 30+ chickens.
My boyfriend called them Peahen and Teabag, cause he said that's what they looked like.

saltandpepper

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 29, 2011
my favorite names are salt ,pepper(black cochin cockerel), louise,lila,layla,lola, madge,marge,mavis,masala,maude,little peep and happy(bantam rose comb rooster). thats my whole brood right now.louise is a buff rooster. when i bought the chicks they were all supposed to be pullets. got a surprise one day when she/he crowed. still call him louise though.

leahthor

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
Northwestern Alberta
I have only named a couple of my chickens. Annie, Berta (she's a big girl, it seemed to fit), Gabby (talks none stop when I'm in the coop).

My favorite names though are my two Welsummers. The pullet is Welsie (short for Welisandra) and the cockeral is Tohr.

Last edited:

minichic

Songster
9 Years
Dec 13, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
I have some Silver Laced Wyandottes coming next month. So... their names will be Sylvia, Lacey, Wynona and Dottie (all variations of the breed name!)

8ROYALS

Songster
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
Petersburg, Texas
The boys are Cogburn, Kernel, Omar, so far
The girls are The Andrew Sisters (3 bantam cochins), Barbra, Shirley, Judy, Liza, Lorna, Martha, Wilhemena, Bette, so far

AlotaBitCountry

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Ord Nebraska
I have 3 chicks:)

Buff Orpington Hens:
Penny Lane
Ruby
Honey

My grandma has 5 other hens in the flock that are unnamed. Apparently all the young grand kids had named them different names and were disagreeing about who named them what lol

Robins nest

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 4, 2012
Northern CA
I started with 6 Red Stars and since I couldn't tell them a part, I just call them all Reba (as in Reba McIntyre with her red hair)! Then I got 2 Araucanas and named them Gladys and Ida, after my grandmothers!

aschrimp

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 24, 2012
Sacramento, CA
My kids named most of ours - note: they are sexed, and should all be pullets. Not that it matters to the kids. We have:

Calm (RIR)
Fluffy (White Leghorn)
Hopper (Cockoo Marans)
Tinker Tinker Tinker Tinker Bell (yes, that is *4* Tinkers - she's a NH Red)
Chaos (Americauna)
Bandit (Americauna)
Valentine (Americauna)
Carrot Top (Americauna)
Grandpa (Barred Rock)
Rhino (Barred Rock)
Rocky (Barred Rock)
Buffy (BO)
Pirate (RIR)
Angel (RIR - I named this one, since we had a Buffy, I couldn't resist)
Spike (Brown Leghorn - this one named by me too)

...and we have one little brown leghorn still without a name!

popsicle

Songster
8 Years
Oct 27, 2011
Looking at the mountains in MT
I name each batch with a theme. I also tend to name all pullets with male names. My only cockerel had a female name (on accident--we thought he was a she). We had a "Pat" because we were never sure if she was a pullet or cockerel for quite a while.

I had the hockey player group: Gordie (Howe), (Guy) LeFleur, Mario (Lemieux), and Phil (Esposito).

Baghdad Bob and Chemical Ali.

Right now all my chicks are named after gang members on The Wire: Avon, Stringer, Poot, Bodie, D'angelo, Wee-Bey.

Top Bottom