Chicken names?

My Marsh Daisy ladies are the only ones with names out of 30+ chickens.
My boyfriend called them Peahen and Teabag, cause he said that's what they looked like.
gig.gif

my favorite names are salt ,pepper(black cochin cockerel), louise,lila,layla,lola, madge,marge,mavis,masala,maude,little peep and happy(bantam rose comb rooster). thats my whole brood right now.louise is a buff rooster. when i bought the chicks they were all supposed to be pullets. got a surprise one day when she/he crowed. still call him louise though.

I have only named a couple of my chickens. Annie, Berta (she's a big girl, it seemed to fit), Gabby (talks none stop when I'm in the coop).

My favorite names though are my two Welsummers. The pullet is Welsie (short for Welisandra) and the cockeral is Tohr.

Last edited:
The boys are Cogburn, Kernel, Omar, so far
The girls are The Andrew Sisters (3 bantam cochins), Barbra, Shirley, Judy, Liza, Lorna, Martha, Wilhemena, Bette, so far

I have 3 chicks:)

Buff Orpington Hens:
Penny Lane
Ruby
Honey

My grandma has 5 other hens in the flock that are unnamed. Apparently all the young grand kids had named them different names and were disagreeing about who named them what lol

I started with 6 Red Stars and since I couldn't tell them a part, I just call them all Reba (as in Reba McIntyre with her red hair)! Then I got 2 Araucanas and named them Gladys and Ida, after my grandmothers!

My kids named most of ours - note: they are sexed, and should all be pullets. Not that it matters to the kids. We have:

Calm (RIR)
Fluffy (White Leghorn)
Hopper (Cockoo Marans)
Tinker Tinker Tinker Tinker Bell (yes, that is *4* Tinkers - she's a NH Red)
Chaos (Americauna)
Bandit (Americauna)
Valentine (Americauna)
Carrot Top (Americauna)
Grandpa (Barred Rock)
Rhino (Barred Rock)
Rocky (Barred Rock)
Buffy (BO)
Pirate (RIR)
Angel (RIR - I named this one, since we had a Buffy, I couldn't resist)
Spike (Brown Leghorn - this one named by me too)

...and we have one little brown leghorn still without a name!

I name each batch with a theme. I also tend to name all pullets with male names. My only cockerel had a female name (on accident--we thought he was a she). We had a "Pat" because we were never sure if she was a pullet or cockerel for quite a while.

I had the hockey player group: Gordie (Howe), (Guy) LeFleur, Mario (Lemieux), and Phil (Esposito).

Baghdad Bob and Chemical Ali.

Right now all my chicks are named after gang members on The Wire: Avon, Stringer, Poot, Bodie, D'angelo, Wee-Bey.

Back
Top Bottom