Chicken names...

Sometimes you have to wait to see what their personalities are like, I didn't that's why I have a roo named Honeybee[ he's a buff brahma]. My other roo's Yancey, as for my hens, they are: Bella, Lucy, Wynona, Snow, Mabel, Bert, Arlene,Speckles,Neyava, Buffy, Goldie, Evie, Addie, Lacey, Cloe, Zoe,Lillie, Millie, and Penny!
wink.png

Oh my gosh! I'm ten years old! who knew I could start such a long post? Cool!

Glad people could use my names... yours are all so awesome, I am still laghing... HENrietta! Elvis! Alice! Fried, Baked, Nugget, BBQ (I wouldn't name any- especially with such hilarious names, you'd get attached-)! Hog! Go Forest_Nymph for mentioning your cat! SOOO funny- great names... or should I say, "EGGcelent" names?
lol.png
big_smile.png
smile.png
wink.png

-Olivia

Last edited:
Ok, here I go!

My SLW is Elvira, the Golden Campine is Goldie Hawn (although I'm thinking of changing it to Foxy Brown
gig.gif
...seems to fit more some how!), my Delaware is Stevie Nicks, my larger Black Star is Aretha (as in Franklin!), and the smaller is Lil' Kim. The black Silkie we just lost was called Tina 'Teeny' Turner, because of her whacky hairdo. I'm going to miss Teeny
sad.png

Well I finally named all mine. I need to go get different color bands so I will know who is who. Foghorn is easy as he is the only Leghorn, Lumpy has only one wing. Rowdy as he is a RIR ROO but the others will be harder.

Well, we still have a bunch of chicks to name, so I love your list!

So far we have:

Barred Rock named Clara
Barred Rock name Blackeye Hotrod (5yo named her!)
Barred Rock (suspected Roo) named 'Arold
RIR named Ariel
RIR named Peggy
NHR named Sally Big

We still have another 4 to name.. LOL!

BTW, I put spots on their heads with non-toxic craft paint and nail polish so I could tell them apart (I had read somewhere that someone used this method, but didn't use red, so I didn't either... Not sure whose idea that was? But it has been a great way to keep an eye on everybody, and make sure everyone gets 'holding time')

Meghan

Our hens are Eddy and Patsy.

I agonized over naming our now two-year-old golden retriever and we settled on Saffy (Saffron) after both the spice and the character from a British sitcom, Absolutely Fabulous. When we got the hens we decided to continue the theme with the main characters (both rather henish type older women).

If we ever get a couple of meat birds, hubby wants to name them Original and Crispy!

My hens are Betty Bare Butt
Taffy
Talulah
Earline
Pansy

and my big beautiful boy is Leviticus. Previous roos were PeeWee (OEGB bantam) and Chester.

Back
Top Bottom