Chicken Newbie in WI

almightyemu

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2018
Seymour, WI
Hi guys! My name is Amanda Van Den Elzen. I live just a little outside of Green Bay, WI and I'm new here!

I've been lurking for a while without signing up, gathering info from you and your brilliant minds! I just got the go-ahead from my hubby to get a little flock of chickens, so I thought I'd join the community here, officially! My in-laws have chickens, so I have some input from them, but there's a LOT I've learned already just from perusing the forums and articles here.

I am hoping to pick up 4 chicks the beginning of July, and I have my heart set on Silver Lined Wyandottes, as I've read they're friendly and stand up to Wisconsin winters very well.

Outside of chicken rearing, I also eagerly learn about all natural ways to live. I make my own soap, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc. I grow strawberries and various garden foods, and I'm hoping chickens will help with my slug problem, there! I also love to crochet and run a small side business selling my crafts and crochet patterns. My husband and I are also huge gear-heads. He races off-road buggies and I spot for him, so our schedule includes a lot of race weekends during the summer.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I welcome any and all advice you may have for raising chickens in Wisconsin.

:welcome
I'm Haley and I greatly enjoy participating and learning on this site!
There are so many knowledgeable members willing to answer any/all questions...each member has their area of expertise as you will see. I learn something new everyday and am sure u will enjoy BYC as much as the rest of the flock!
We share stories, happiness, and occasionally, grief. I'm sure you'll fit right in so jump on in and enjoy:highfive:

Howdy Amanda :frow Welcome!

So glad you have stopped
animated-indian-and-redskin-image-0031.gif
L U R K I N G
And decided to join us here at Backyard Chickens.

Back
Top Bottom