Chicken newbie

LavishLove

Hatching
7 Years
May 15, 2012
Hi all, we are suburban homesteaders in sunny California and just got our first 3 chickens 6 weeks ago. We chose 3 10-week old black sex links to start out. So far, everything is going great. The girls are so friendly and funny and our 4 young sons love helping to care of them. They have free range of our 1 acre yard and are closed in the coop at night. I'm excited to meet other homesteaders and learn as much as I can from all of you seasoned pros. Thanks.

welcome-byc.gif

I am new too! & from California as well (Sonoma County Wine Country!)

Welcome Chickadee and Lavish Love .. I am working my way to a homesteading Life style steadily gaining but no where near where I hope to be yet . This year we are planting more fruit trees and berry bush's .building more and more coops and houses and enjoying every second of it !!!
welcome-byc.gif

Hello and :welcome

Glad everything's been going well for you so far! You'll be getting eggs hopefully in a couple of months :woot
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Welcome from Texas! You are going to learn so much here and if you ever have any questions you will find a lot of chicken wisdom here. Enjoy your suburban homestead and your chickens!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom