Chicken newby

Meeksminis

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2020
Hey y'all! I'm a newby to this farm life, moved across the country from Denver Colorado, to a tiny town called Taft Tennessee, with my husband, son, and two dogs! All to be near family, who also converted to farm life about a year ago.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our first additions to the farm on July 4th weekend, we got two pea chicks. They are currently 41 days old. Then we got 10 guinea chicks a week ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

The 2 pea chick's are being fostered by my in laws until we can move into our new house. We now have 9 guinea chicks, (one didnt make the first night)

(3) What breeds do you have?
the peacocks are black shouldered peacocks, and the guineas are the silver or pearl guineas, i think.

4 What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Don't know yet

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

we love to host foreign exchange kids

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband is a grade school teacher, and I am an accountant, our son is a senior in high school. We have two dogs, a golden retriever named Grizzly, and a Pyrenees named Gandalf.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google!

Welcome to BYC!!! Hope you enjoy hanging out with us peeps :lol:
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom