Chicken Noob

kara_leigh

Songster
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Bradleyville, MO
Hello! I am completely new to this whole chicken thing. My husband and I moved to 5 acres in the country a month and a half ago. A week ago we got our first chickens. I have seven of them, and they are around 5 weeks old. I have a Black Copper Maran rooster (DEF a roo) who is gorgeous and has the cutest fuzzy feet, 3 Easter Eggers, and 3 that I'm not sure of (though I think one of them is another black copper as it is the same black, is starting to get gold feathers on its neck, and has some feathers on its feet). I love them already, and could sit all day watching them do their business. We got two Australian Shepherd puppies to help protect our flock and property. So far they are doing pretty good. The female, who we think will be our chicken dog, will herd them back if they get too far from their coop. We also have 3 cats, but they are indoor only. Oh, and that 12 year old kid that we claim...sometimes.
wink.png
I'm glad I found this place, I'm sure I will have plenty of questions in the coming months.
smile.png

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm from SW Missouri.
wink.png
(I'm not sure how to get that to show up under my username, sorry)

Last edited:
Welcome!!!!!
welcome-byc.gif
This is the best place to be! Watching chickens is my favorite thing to do. I love to get my coffee in the morning and sit and watch my flock. And watching them develop is like watching your kids mature. Enjoy every moment....they grow up fast.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom