Chicken not eating HELP

Tube feeding is definitely not my suggestion but was trying to tag someone who’s a little bit more knowledgeable in this sort of thing. Well quite knowledgeable and a whole lot of things. They have Nutri drench At TSC and most other even smaller farm supply stores. I would definitely suggest that.

Shes not looking good at all today she did empty her crop last night and pooped I will take a picture and show you her pop Shes lost all will to live she wont eat i gave her water in a syringe shes just falls down wont stand up. I even tried taking her out by the flock she just sat there and i brought her back in. Can i give her a shot of something I think shes staring to death I'm so heartbroken. I pretty much tended to her all day yesterday.

Please if someone is on here today Is there some kind of shot I could give her and where would I get it. I only have a Tractor Supply store here. Shes failing fast. I might just lose her. I'm just sick over this. I've lost 3 this year to foxes now this. I'm so sad dont want to have to lose another one.
I'm so sorry she is failing:hugs
Were you able to feel her abdomen? Is there any swelling?
You can try to syringe small amounts of fluids into her (see the link below)
Tubing fluids may help, but I suspect she has more going on if the crop has emptied.
The poop I have seen something similar in my hens that had reproductive problems.
The only thing you can try to do is get them hydrated. If you have any antibiotics those may help if caught early and there is infection. Antibiotics are usually a short term fix.

Do you have any antibiotics at home?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Back
Top Bottom