Chicken or Rooster ????

Lol, hi! :frow
May I please jump i and add to the confusion? Thank you!

All the birds pictured are chickens. Two, according to general consensus, will grow up to become roosters. The other four will grow up to become hens. Until they are a year old, however, they will technically be cockerels (the boy chickens) and pullets (the girl chickens). They are an attractive bunch! Enjoy! And :welcome:welcome

All are chickens. These two are cockerels.
Screenshot_20210917-124441_Chrome.jpg

Lol, hi! :frow
May I please jump i and add to the confusion? Thank you!

All the birds pictured are chickens. Two, according to general consensus, will grow up to become roosters. The other four will grow up to become hens. Until they are a year old, however, they will technically be cockerels (the boy chickens) and pullets (the girl chickens). They are an attractive bunch! Enjoy! And :welcome:welcome
Thank you for the information! I’m really new to all this. I now know the correct terms. I am just worried with them growing to be roosters. Will two roosters get along in one flock? Also I don’t want them to produce more chickens because my town has a limit on only 6 chickens. (Stupid central Massachusetts) My town also says no roosters so I don’t know what to do in the future. I love them all so much and I don’t want to get rid of them.

Thank you for the information! I’m really new to all this. I now know the correct terms. I am just worried with them growing to be roosters. Will two roosters get along in one flock? Also I don’t want them to produce more chickens because my town has a limit on only 6 chickens. (Stupid central Massachusetts) My town also says no roosters so I don’t know what to do in the future. I love them all so much and I don’t want to get rid of them.
Don't worry, it takes 21 days for eggs to hatch. As long as you remove eggs from the nests every day you won't get any more chickens, male or female. I hear chicken eggs make good eatin'. (Ha, I'm teasing you!) 😆

Will two roosters get along in one flock? Also I don’t want them to produce more chickens because my town has a limit on only 6 chickens. (Stupid central Massachusetts) My town also says no roosters so I don’t know what to do in the future. I love them all so much and I don’t want to get rid of them.
Better start making plans, then, while you still have time to consider options. You may not have a choice if you wait because if you get reported the matter is out of your hands.

Also the reality is 2 boys to 4 females is a terrible ratio, and the females can get overbred or harassed. Sometimes they can get along if they all grow up together but you shouldn't count on that being the norm. At the very least you will likely need to get rid of one, whether that means rehoming or as dinner.

Back
Top Bottom