Chicken over eating

Mouthwash

Chirping
May 20, 2023
Chicago IL
I have some grapevines in my yard and while all my chickens want to eat them when I let them out for their daily short run of the yard one is absolutely obsessed. Within minutes she will eat so many grapes her crop is freakishly huge. Besidea the sugar and controversy of grapes is this in any way a problem? She doesn't do this with any other food and I think I'm gonna have to cut all the grapes down.

Can you just block the grape bush off? Id try either that or cutting them down. Definitely try to eliminate the chance to eat that many grapes

I noticed that my chickens also love grapes. Mine are fox grapes (small wild Concord). Grape seeds are used medicinally and won't hurt your chickens.

Possibly your grape crazy chicken just needs the extra anti-oxidants.

I noticed that my chickens also love grapes. Mine are fox grapes (small wild Concord). Grape seeds are used medicinally and won't hurt your chickens.

Possibly your grape crazy chicken just needs the extra anti-oxidants.
She's easily the fattest one and always has been. She's not obese it's just clear even when you pick her up lol. I fenced them off and she's jumps over, but tried a higher chicken wire fence today hopefully that'll stop her.

Can you just block the grape bush off? Id try either that or cutting them down. Definitely try to eliminate the chance to eat that many grapes
I tried but they easily jump the fence I put up. I tried a 4 ft chicken wire fence today hopefully that'll help stop them better than what I had

Back
Top Bottom