Chicken Pics!!!

my girls in the leaves

The first one is a Turken and the second is a little silky mix, Tina. She fell in the cold water so she got to snuggle up inside until she was warm and dry. So cute. She kept nuzzling her head into the towel.
Turken wants to be an inside chicken. She tries to jump onto the screen door at night. She's the first to jump up onto the fence to visit.

lol!!!Emily that's the run!! I don't have anywhere without trees!! I need a herd of goats to get rid of em.

Here are some first pictures of my new small chicken flock. These were taken yesterday and I had just gotten them the day before that. I can't let them free-range yet, as they are still getting used to where home is. I had to snap pictures through the hardware cloth.

The print is a bit small but the Unknown white breed is name Velda, She is a bit skittish and runs to the opposite side of the coop when she sees me. The Barred Rock is Gertrude. She keeps an eye on EVERYTHING I do. She is intensely curious about me, but is not ready to come up to me. The RIR is Edna. She is a fearless, daring sort and already had an adventure around the back yard and into the forest behind us. Luckily she is safely home.

Checking out the underside of their new digs is Ethel. She is a bit shy but, if Gertrude gets a bit closer to me to check me out, She is right behind Gertrude like a shadow.

Agnes is my Americauna. She is plucky and awkward and a bit broody. She loves hunkering down in the nesting box. I was sure that I they would take a few days to lay, after the trauma of moving. This morning, however, clever Agnes had layed a jumbo-sized light olive colored egg in the box. Good girl.

I'll try to get better pictures of the girls when they settle down into their new home.

What beautiful bunch. I love looking at everyone else's chickens too. (As well as showing off my new flock, lol.)

Such great close-ups of your Chickens. They are very tame. I just got my girls and they are already 7 months old. I hope to get them used to me enough that I can scoop them up if I need/want too, but we'll see.

Your girls are lucky to have those leaves Alibraun! All sorts of bugs hide in there ;). Those are also some pretty looking hens Oceanbyrd!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom