Chicken poop when you don’t compost

So there is a patch with six veggie plants but I took out one tomatoe one that seemed to be dying, and this is where I currently have been burying the chicken poop. I do mix it into the soil but if the tomatoe plant was still there, I’d have no idea what to do with the poop. Can we just throw it into a garden bed?
you can, but it'll break down faster if it's mixed with garden waste and soil either by burying it or making a compost heap. You can combine your plans in an accessible raised veg bed-cum-compost heap, and achieve both aims simultaneously :D See e.g. https://insteading.com/blog/keyhole-garden/

Hey there! I would like to know what do you do with chicken poop if you don’t compost?! I only have 3 chickens but their poop every morning is almost 1/2 c . Imagine a month of this and it will be 15 cups of poop! What I currently do is throw it in a garden bed, the side that has no plants, just dirt. But I’m worried about having flies There soon. We don’t compost bc I have no clue about it. I have 1/5 acre land, and 1/2 of it is the backyard. So not a lot of space to work with.
Get an old trash can or something and fill it in there and just let it sit black soldier flies will lay eggs in it they don’t bother you and you never see them (chickens LOVE the larvae) and I put a little water in mine and the full bin goes to half in 5 days then you dump it in your plants and it’s great for them I have 11 chickens and only clean every other week (I have a 120 square foot run with a 4x6x6 coop)

👆🏻that... or any option above, or you can dig a trench latrine in your unused garden space and fill that in, like someone else has said.

Personally, I put all my droppingboard poo into a 10gal bucket...then take it out and fling it around under bushes, canas, fruit trees, bananas etc. (but I have 6 acres & never enough poo).

Get an old trash can or something and fill it in there and just let it sit black soldier flies will lay eggs in it they don’t bother you and you never see them (chickens LOVE the larvae) and I put a little water in mine and the full bin goes to half in 5 days then you dump it in your plants and it’s great for them I have 11 chickens and only clean every other week (I have a 120 square foot run with a 4x6x6 coop)
Squeamish about live larvae. My birds do enjoy the dried version though. 😫

Hey there! I would like to know what do you do with chicken poop if you don’t compost?! I only have 3 chickens but their poop every morning is almost 1/2 c . Imagine a month of this and it will be 15 cups of poop! What I currently do is throw it in a garden bed, the side that has no plants, just dirt. But I’m worried about having flies There soon. We don’t compost bc I have no clue about it. I have 1/5 acre land, and 1/2 of it is the backyard. So not a lot of space to work with.
Do you have a lawn? I do compost, but when my chickens decide that they want to hang on my lawn for the day, I simply water the poop in really good - down the the soil at the end of the day. Poop/smell is gone and my lawn is all the happier for it. 1/2 cups a day should not be too difficult to water in and give your lawn a nice treat.

361E5183-078D-4073-BF38-A02EF41796CC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom