Chicken poop

Saxophonetiff

Chirping
Mar 29, 2021
Is this in the realm of normal chicken poop?

Attachments

• E780CF77-2B4F-4459-A8C6-4E9B52A2C393.jpeg
    E780CF77-2B4F-4459-A8C6-4E9B52A2C393.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 9
Does not look normal to me, that looks like blood. How old is the bird, and how is it acting? If this is a young bird, chick, or a bird that has been moved to new ground then coccidiosis may be the reason. Treatment is Corid, available at tractor supply stores and many feed stores. Either powder or liquid form can be used, it's often in the cattle/livestock section. Treatment chart is below, use the severe outbreak dosing. I will also attach pictures of the product. I would also give any that you know are having droppings like that or any that look off, or are lethargic, not eating or drinking well, or sitting fluffed up, an oral dose as well as the medicated water, instructions for that are here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
I would start treatment ASAP.
1033284.jpg

2202129.jpg

900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

Most definitely not....
Does not look normal to me, that looks like blood. How old is the bird, and how is it acting? If this is a young bird, chick, or a bird that has been moved to new ground then coccidiosis may be the reason. Treatment is Corid, available at tractor supply stores and many feed stores. Either powder or liquid form can be used, it's often in the cattle/livestock section. Treatment chart is below, use the severe outbreak dosing. I will also attach pictures of the product. I would also give any that you know are having droppings like that or any that look off, or are lethargic, not eating or drinking well, or sitting fluffed up, an oral dose as well as the medicated water, instructions for that are here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
I would start treatment ASAP.
View attachment 2665763
View attachment 2665764
View attachment 2665765
Thank you for the information! I do have powder corid on hand for emergency's. He is a 6 month old and acts rowdy as normal. My flock are free rangers and have been on the same area since a few weeks old. The hens are all active and
I guess I was hoping that it could have been something they foraged or from some scraps they may have found.

Thank you for the information! I do have powder corid on hand for emergency's. He is a 6 month old and acts rowdy as normal. My flock are free rangers and have been on the same area since a few weeks old. The hens are all active and
I guess I was hoping that it could have been something they foraged or from some scraps they may have found.
Yes if they chicken is 6 months old, def. treat for cocciadosis. Also check the vent just to make sure it’s not bleeding from a prolapse.

Unless he has gorged on berries, and it's still early for many berries, depending on where you are, that looks like blood and mucous. I would treat to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom