Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

I 2nd that. I'm crushed, Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's baby died last night!! I'm just crushed! R.I.P. 'Lil 'Gal! I sure miss ya, and your momma is calling for ya too.
hit.gif

I had to bring all my quail and chicks inside. I even have Mrs. Fluffy inside. I HATE COLD WEATHER!

It has been going on for a few years now, but I'm still in denial about being an addict. I know I can't quit, my wife doesn't understand me, the first thing I do when I get up is go out to check on me chickens. I even go out at night when they are on the roost, just to pet them and tell them good night. I try to talk to my wife about my hens, what does she do? Tries to sell them on CL!
ep.gif
She sold all my black lorps, and all the chicks I hatched last fall except 4 I hid away.
hit.gif

She like the eggs, so maybe there is hope for me. Oh, my name is Wild Trapper AKA John, can I join, even though I am in denial?
hide.gif
I promise to behave myself.
hugs.gif

I have pips on my 17 OE eggs, due tomorrow. 4 pips so far. YAY. On the negative side, two of the four NYD hatch chicks I kept are starting to pink up a bit so I guess my 'roo-dar' isn't so hot. Ah well. One is a BLRW so maybe he will be easier to rehome.

I'm a college nurse and for the first time in years they closed the campus at 1 today - and it's closed tomorrow also. Woohooooo!
smile.png
So I can shovel/snowblow at my leisure, not at 4AM.
smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I 2nd that. I'm crushed, Mrs. Fluffy Puffy's baby died last night!! I'm just crushed! R.I.P. 'Lil 'Gal! I sure miss ya, and your momma is calling for ya too.
hit.gif

I had to bring all my quail and chicks inside. I even have Mrs. Fluffy inside. I HATE COLD WEATHER!

hit.gif

so sorry!!! How cold is it for you? It's 17 here and my chickens are acting like it's a heat wave.​

Quote:
You'll fit right in!!!! As far as 'behaving yourself ', none of us can promise that....so you don't have to! HA! As long as we all 'play nice' we're welcome to be who we are and share our experiences with others who truly understand. We're all addicts here. There is no cure, only treatment of the symptoms (buying or hatching more chickens, of course!!!!) and therein lies the problem.

Quote:
hit.gif

so sorry!!! How cold is it for you? It's 17 here and my chickens are acting like it's a heat wave.

It's 19 here, last night it went down to 5*. The wind chill is like -16!

Last edited:
Quote:
You'll fit right in!!!! As far as 'behaving yourself ', none of us can promise that....so you don't have to! HA! As long as we all 'play nice' we're welcome to be who we are and share our experiences with others who truly understand. We're all addicts here. There is no cure, only treatment of the symptoms (buying or hatching more chickens, of course!!!!) and therein lies the problem.

After I posted, I got a call from another local addict. She is giving me a rooster that she can't botcher herself and hopes that I won't. The reason she is wanting to get rid of it is, she has to make room for a pair of peacocks someone gave her for Christmas. It is just what I've been hoping I could find. Supposed to be a pure Ameraucanas, but I will not be surprised if it is just an EE. I am excited to get it so I can cross it with my EE hens. She wanted to know if I also would like to share an order for ducks.
ep.gif
Can't wait to run that past DW.
barnie.gif
I can hear it now. But I will ask my DIL if she is interested. The lady said she has to order 10 but only wants 6 herself. That would mean I'd have to make room for them somewhere, but I have no experience with ducks and don't know what kind I would want, if I can get permission.
fl.gif
I usually go with the thing, "It is easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission!"
ya.gif
We need more smilies.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom