Top 5 favorite breeds for me:

Lav Ameraucanas
Orpington
Welsummer

Tied...EE's and OE's.
Last BCM's.
6th place...Silkies!
big_smile.png

Me too, thought I would get 3 or 4....came home with 12! Can't wait to get more! The first thing I do in the morning, even before my cup of coffee, is check on my chicks! It is also the last thing I do at night before going to bed. I have been known to wake up in the middle of the night by my dog barking, I jump out of bed and run outside to check on my chicks! Yup, I am addicted....Don't know what the 12 steps would be, all I know is that I "take one day at a time.".... every day...to enjoy the chicks!

Eat more chicken...and duck! Anybody process their own duck before? I'm afraid I'm going to cook it "wrong".

What I thought were 6 ducks to process has turned into 8. Two more revealed their curly feather.
hmm.png
Chandra's beer sexing method seems to work well!!!!
gig.gif

Edited to fix stoopid spelling mistake!

Last edited:
My name is Cheryl. I'm a chickenaholic
hmm.png

I started with 2 chicks in March of 2010. A month later I had 9. This spring I have 29. I just can't stop!
We built a little chicken coop last year. This spring we built a 12 x 24 coop off the back of the barn. My friends want to live in it. It has an air conditioner, a heater, nice nesting boxes, lots of perches to roost on etc.. We also bought rolls of fencing and t poles and now the chickens have a 50 x 150 yard of their own. We planted bushes for them.

I have 16 acres, horses, cats and birds in the house. We've had this place for 7 years. My friends would say "I can't believe you don't have chickens". HA~! Well now I do.

Our chickens are our pets. My daughter who is 10 has them climbing on her when she walks in there. The eggs are a bonus. I have a couple roosters that I know I may have to part with but I will hang on to them as long as I can. They are so sweet! They are just reaching maturity.

Thanks for listening, I know there is no help for us.. lol~!
lol.png

E-gads. Counted today and I have reached 50 chickens!!! That includes five chicks and three roos. I may have to euthanize one roo soon, but that still leaves 49. Now, I do have over 25 acres but still.. I started with eight only a year ago!
smile.png

My 'master plan' is to rehome 10-15 before winter. I think I already have enough eggs to last until next year.
smile.png
smile.png
People keep asking me if I have any chickens I'd like to sell, but for some reason everyone around here is insisting on barred rocks.. The one breed I do NOT have. Isn't that odd?

Back
Top Bottom