Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

I've had 30 chicks hatch out in the last two weeks. 9 were from eggs I bought for particular breeds the remaining 21 are from eggs my girls laid on 3 Feb 2012. Trouble is I can't seem to bring myself to put an ad on Craig's list for the 21 chicks I don't really need.
yesss.gif

hey, i hav'nt owned any chickens yet, but i know i love them, bisides my very young age i grew up in a family that owned many chickens but as my parents came to america they have left all that they truly love,(chickens).I want to know if any one knows a trust-worthy website that i can buy chickens from to suprise my parents.Thanks

hey, i hav'nt owned any chickens yet, but i know i love them, bisides my very young age i grew up in a family that owned many chickens but as my parents came to america they have left all that they truly love,(chickens).I want to know if any one knows a trust-worthy website that i can buy chickens from to suprise my parents.Thanks

see the ads at the right? You can pretty much trust any of those....however for healthier chicks find a breeder near you and buy local. Check the Breeds list on this site and see if someone is local to you.

Hey and WELCOME to our site!! You have definately come to the right place if you are looking for ANY info or need help or just for fun! If you want as few as 3 chicks , I've used and HIGHLY recommend MyPetChicken.com. You will see their advertisements all over this site. They pack the babies so well , they arrived from across the country , in Perfect shape ! Another great place if you want just 3 chicks also , or more , is Chickensforbackyards.com. They advertise here too ! Fantastic care for the shipment of my babies too ! The one thing I like most about them is that they have videos of their actual farm and chickens , ducks etc. A tiny pet peeve I have which is probably stupid to most , is that i seem to trust sites that show ACTUAL pics or videos of Their birds , whereas sites that have either " drawings " of their birds or they have NO image at all , I don't trust too much. If you were a " real " hatchery , they should have taken pics of their birds because they are actually on Their property and have Constant contact with the animals. Now I had a Terrible experience using Meyer Hatchery .. First they addressed the box of birds BACK to their Own address , so my birds got delayed 1 day. Then I waited 2 1/2 days for my 4 babies and 2 were DOA , 1 had Splayed legs and died and my ONLY survivor was the WRONG species ! I ordered Partridge Cochin hen and got a Partridge Rock hen. I kept her because I loves her. Well , anyway, just my suggestions on hatcheries.

I have missed this group terribly! My laptop crashed in early February, and I couldn't logon with my old computer and my phone is not compatible (or I'm just not tech savvy enough to figure it out). I FINALLY got my computer back from the tech guy last night. It's a magical day for me to be back on BYC! :0)

Hope everyone and their respective flocks are doing well!

I have missed this group terribly! My laptop crashed in early February, and I couldn't logon with my old computer and my phone is not compatible (or I'm just not tech savvy enough to figure it out). I FINALLY got my computer back from the tech guy last night. It's a magical day for me to be back on BYC! :0)

Hope everyone and their respective flocks are doing well!

Welcome back. I noticed you weren't around and said a prayer that you were in good health....glad it was just the computer that was ill

Welcome back. I noticed you weren't around and said a prayer that you were in good health....glad it was just the computer that was ill

It has been really weird going for so long without being able to check in. If I am on extreme sick or death bed, I will be sure to have my husband post on my behalf! LOL!

We have all come to the same conclusion that chicks don't really count towards flock numbers, right? Well, I have been wanting to say, I have dwindled my flock down to a ridiculously low...........drumroll please......................27 chickens! Where I once had over 100 large, full grown birds! This is serious headway!

(I have 50 or so in the brooder, though!)
hide.gif

We have all come to the same conclusion that chicks don't really count towards flock numbers, right? Well, I have been wanting to say, I have dwindled my flock down to a ridiculously low...........drumroll please......................27 chickens! Where I once had over 100 large, full grown birds! This is serious headway!

(I have 50 or so in the brooder, though!)
hide.gif
Wow!! I am impressed. I have been rehoming like mad too. Only 28 chickens now, buuuut there are 40 chicks in the barn and eggs in the bator.. Just rehomed an entire coop today and am sad already. :(

Back
Top Bottom