Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

Wow!! I am impressed. I have been rehoming like mad too. Only 28 chickens now, buuuut there are 40 chicks in the barn and eggs in the bator.. Just rehomed an entire coop today and am sad already.
sad.png

Don't be sad, be glad....you have room to hatch more!!!!
hide.gif

Don't be sad, be glad....you have room to hatch more!!!!
hide.gif
You are right of course, and my barn chicks are extra friendly too. But there are a few out of that coop I miss. Would have kept them but it's easier on all concerned if they all go together and I don't end up with the fun of flock merging. Ah well. Just saw my post above. Only 20 chicks in the barn lol. And three of those are Roos, so some have to go. I do have 40+ eggs going tho!

Last edited:
Tell me about it! So, I'm only 13, and ever since I was a baby, I've had a fascination to animals. My aunt had tons of chickens, and she had a few ducks too. I fell in love with her poultry, and decided I wanted ducks of my own. I asked my dad and he said that we couldn't have chickens wile we where in that house. I had already decided exactly what breeds I wanted and what their names would be, so I was determined not to wait (I know, kinda confusing). So I asked him more about it. He said that even if he did let me, I wouldn't feed them everyday, since I was always reminded to feed my cats. So I made a chart. Everyday, I would write whether I forgot, remembered, or was reminded to feed my cats. When April came, I counted them all up and told my dad. He didn't answer at first. As soon as he came home, I had to ask him about it. When he agreed to bring me to buy the stuff, I knew that meant yes. I got two ducklings, then a few days later, I got two chicks and another duckling. The three I had gotten last were way smaller, and unfortunately, my little brother and cousin killed all the younger ones. Although, they left both the older ones alone. After some time, I ended up with just one duck. I wanted more ducks, but had to wait until spring to get ducklings (which obviously couldn't be around her until they were older). Although, in January, someone in church talked about how they had four ducks that they were giving away because they had already lost a bunch to a fox. I only planned to get one, but my dad apparently expected me to get all four. When we had gotten them, he finally told me why he didn't mind me getting all of them, because then I would have plenty of ducks and wouldn't need to get any ducklings. Although, I still did get ducklings that year, two khaki campbells, and 8 ducklings that one of my ducks hatched. This morning I went to the store planning to get 2 chicks, and came back with two ducklings and two chicks. I have a chick nesting in my hair right now :D

You are never too young or too old to start! Welcome to the group. :0)

Tell me about it! So, I'm only 13, and ever since I was a baby, I've had a fascination to animals. My aunt had tons of chickens, and she had a few ducks too. I fell in love with her poultry, and decided I wanted ducks of my own. I asked my dad and he said that we couldn't have chickens wile we where in that house. I had already decided exactly what breeds I wanted and what their names would be, so I was determined not to wait (I know, kinda confusing). So I asked him more about it. He said that even if he did let me, I wouldn't feed them everyday, since I was always reminded to feed my cats. So I made a chart. Everyday, I would write whether I forgot, remembered, or was reminded to feed my cats. When April came, I counted them all up and told my dad. He didn't answer at first. As soon as he came home, I had to ask him about it. When he agreed to bring me to buy the stuff, I knew that meant yes. I got two ducklings, then a few days later, I got two chicks and another duckling. The three I had gotten last were way smaller, and unfortunately, my little brother and cousin killed all the younger ones. Although, they left both the older ones alone. After some time, I ended up with just one duck. I wanted more ducks, but had to wait until spring to get ducklings (which obviously couldn't be around her until they were older). Although, in January, someone in church talked about how they had four ducks that they were giving away because they had already lost a bunch to a fox. I only planned to get one, but my dad apparently expected me to get all four. When we had gotten them, he finally told me why he didn't mind me getting all of them, because then I would have plenty of ducks and wouldn't need to get any ducklings. Although, I still did get ducklings that year, two khaki campbells, and 8 ducklings that one of my ducks hatched. This morning I went to the store planning to get 2 chicks, and came back with two ducklings and two chicks. I have a chick nesting in my hair right now :D

I almost forgot about you guys! I have been busy and moving to a new/old farm. I moved to the old family farm and sold my other farm, long story. Got divorced and now am settling into my new life, crazy huh.

I almost forgot about you guys! I have been busy and moving to a new/old farm. I moved to the old family farm and sold my other farm, long story. Got divorced and now am settling into my new life, crazy huh.

Wow...that's a big deal! Hope you are well and everything worked out for the best.

Hi, I'm a chickenholic... I'm so grateful to have found a support group. I keep trying to take it one day at a time... telling myself that, just for today, I won't buy a chicken. My friends are convinced that they will one day find my lifeless body under a pile of feathers and chicken poo. I try to help them understand I will die happy. I am not a chicken hoarder. I am not a chicken hoarder. I am NOT a chicken hoarder. There simply are a number of varieties I do not yet own. :)

♫ ♪ With a chick-chick here and a chick-chick there... here a chick... there a chick... everywhere a chick-chick ♪ ♫

Hi, I'm a chickenholic... I'm so grateful to have found a support group. I keep trying to take it one day at a time... telling myself that, just for today, I won't buy a chicken. My friends are convinced that they will one day find my lifeless body under a pile of feathers and chicken poo. I try to help them understand I will die happy. I am not a chicken hoarder. I am not a chicken hoarder. I am NOT a chicken hoarder. There simply are a number of varieties I do not yet own. :)

♫ ♪ With a chick-chick here and a chick-chick there... here a chick... there a chick... everywhere a chick-chick ♪ ♫
Welcome! What varieties of chickens do you have?

My name is toomanydogs and I'm a chickenholic. I wanted 3 or 4. bought 12 of which the dogs broke in and killed 11. Bought 6 more. There are now 40 with no end in sight.

Back
Top Bottom