Chicken raiser from the Philippines

Yes, RIR, BA, and BPR are the most popular plus Buff Orpington and Light Sussex. There are some who advertise silkies but I have no interest in small and display birds at all. I have a plan to run my own hatchery when the pandemic is over and this is the reason why I want pure breeds and other breeds that are not yet popular here. My neighbour who supposed to return home from California was supposed to bring me a hundred eggs but the plan changed because of covid. Selling hatching eggs and chicks of heritage breeds here is a booming business among chicken raisers, and if you have a good line of breeds, you're few steps ahead.

In addition to native chickens, they are excellent at incubating and brooding.
Yeah my wife and I actually considered that as well, but I don't think we have enough land. I think it's a great idea, though. The guy we bought our BAs from always seems to be sold out weeks in advance for all his breeds and is making some big pesos.

Yeah my wife and I actually considered that as well, but I don't think we have enough land. I think it's a great idea, though. The guy we bought our BAs from always seems to be sold out weeks in advance for all his breeds and is making some big pesos.
Many OFWs in the past tried this but because their purpose is just to make profit, most of them failed. Raising chickens and any other animals is all about passion. Without passion, even they invest millions of pesos, they will fail. My family owns around 1.5 acres of land by the river and I plan to develop it into a small farm when this pandemic is over.. hopefully :)

Hi all,

Thank you for accepting my registration. I'm from the Philippines and I've been raising backyard chickens for decades. Currently, I have Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, and Black Australorp. I have a lot of native chicken which mostly smaller compared to American and European breeds. Heck, I'm not even 100% sure if the breeds that I mentioned above which I have are pure breed. This is the very reason why I joined here. I need some fertilized pure breed eggs from the US, Canada, Europe, or Australia. Although I didn't find any information about importing fertilized eggs from the US yet, I hope I can find one soon.

Keep safe everyone,
Raden
Do you have any buff orpington for sale? I live in Negros

Back
Top Bottom