Chicken Rescue - Adoptions needed - NC - 16000 Chickens! (+cows)

Well I think the calves are taken care of now, and that's great... this rescue has been around for years and they do wonderful things. I am sure people unloading animals on them are NOT by any means the kind of people anyone should feel sorry for or trust in most cases. I can only hope for the best for many of them. I found them from a friend, and they have been around for years. In fact, last spring they asked for help cleaning up a bunch of geese brought to them covered in oil. Where they came from and how it happened no one knew, I want to just bust out in tears reading it and seeing pictures (I'm unable to share any photos from their emails, I can't figure out how to post). But Dawn sent them soap and they had SO many volunteers they finished in half the time expected!
hugs.gif
They're good people, I used to share their rescue lists for adopting in the BST section before it got turned into an auction.

I'm worried for 16000 chickens though! Fingers crossed the are scooped up and taken care of quickly.

So anyone who's adopting can you post pictures and maybe share your story here when you get them?! I would love to see how this turns out.
love.gif

Thanks VFEM for your supportive words on the rescue
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

FYI the cows were not all from the same mother. The person had 4 calves whose mothers died during the same time frame giving birth that they didn't want to feed. I am sure the conditions of the cows werent great but i have no idea how many cows they have or calves. What difference does it really make how many mothers their are? The animals needed help and we responded. Next time we decide to submit cow birth records to Guinness book of world records I cordially invite you all to come out with your bovine guns blazing. BTW we were planning on giving them free to a good home so still not sure how getting a free cow can be constituted as a scam. They are however going to farm sanctuary so we do not need any further assitance for them.

Several awesome people from this forum have visited our rescue and adopted from us : ) I am sure there are others who can vouch for the legitmacy of the group as well.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2862438

We are receiving a large number of responses requesting chickens. We have set up a webpage with the information we have and with the adoption form. If you want to receive emails about the chickens you have to fill out the form. We apologize but even if you have already emailed or sent information but it must be entered into the form to be in our database. We will send information out as soon as we have it available. We appreciate everyone responding to the need for homes for the hens. We actually do take in a fair number of chickens each year but we don't advertise it. We have local people who take them after they are healthy so we don't normally have a need for placement.

Here is the link if anyone's interested. http://www.carolinawaterfowlrescue.com/adoptchickens.html

PS
here is my top secret contact informtion for anyone who wants clarification of anything before they make assumptions. Information however about hen placements only go out to the people who fill out the form via the link above.

Jennifer Gordon, Director
Carolina Waterfowl Rescue
P.O. Box 1484
Indian Trail, NC 28079
http://www.cwrescue.org
email [email protected]
Phone: 704-668-9486

"Maybe if more people had a duck in their lives, we all wouldn't be so mad at each other" - Joe Mansheim

THanks, the web application is awesome, but it surely didn't like my Firefox browser. I did get it filed with an Internet Explorer browser, but now cannot get the link for confirmation to work -- I'll try again later!

I'm really excited. And BTW for anyone who's interested, the web info says the birds aren't expected until probably January. Lots of time to set up your new coops!

Nice to know you are on here Jennifer! I think what you guys are doing is fabulous. One day when my husband is out that way, we are hoping to be able to adopt a couple of pekin's to add to our tiny little flock.
big_smile.png

Please let us know of any chicken trains. people coming from far maybe can pick up others and drop off in exchange for some gas money! If any are coming to florida or ga let me know!!

I am sorry for saying it sounded like a scam, however, the wording says "whose cow passed away giving birth to 4 calves." I have never had cows, but I know quite a few dairy farmers and beef farmers and nobody has ever had more than twins. Triplets are almost unheard of, let alone quads. I am also a little skeptical because I answered an ad for a "free Yorkie" a few months ago, and found it to be a scam. Yes, it said the cows were free-but the one I replied to was a FREECYCLE ad! How do you get a scam out of freecycle?
Good luck with the hens!

I wish I was closer I would definitely help out. But it is winter here already and not warm enough to bring lower 48 animals into. They have no time to adjust to it.

Prayers for them all to find good homes.

The chickens are coming from out of state and the are taking birds to other areas. I have no idea what other areas they are going but if you submit your informaiton on the forms, I am sending them anyones info who is out of our driving distance to see if there is anyone closer getting birds in. You may get lucky!

Back
Top Bottom