Chicken roost ideas

Jun 24, 2023
Central Pennsylvania
We have a run that is completely safe from predators.(In my experience of 3 years with no predator deaths other than ones that escape). I’m looking at getting more chickens, but I don’t think it’s necessary to build a full coop. What ideas for just roosts places that aren’t eye sores do people have?
I do have plenty of nesting boxes for the chickens.

What ideas for just roosts places that aren’t eye sores do people have?
"eye sore" is highly subjective
Post pics of your set up as it is now?

but I don’t think it’s necessary to build a full coop.
Is the run weather proof?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1690895169336.png

I live in central pa. The run is not weather proof, but my chickens mostly sleep on the roof of the coop anyway. When I say roosting areas, I did not say these earlier, I am thinking of an area solely for sleeping, scratching the idea of nest boxes or a place for feeders. I am sorry I did not go into any detail on what I had in mind😂😂😂

Not the prettiest, as I built this when I was younger and had little money and experience, now I’m working on remodeling the run. The compost pile is the only thing I recently built but that is just temporary. Here soon I will make garden bed like structures for composting and fill the run with wood chips. I could go on and on on what needs to be done and what I’m planning on doing to make it look better, but what’s that going to do for anyone😂

Back
Top Bottom