Chicken run ideas need help

I wouldn't use anything with dye. Just a side note....you will spend the time getting whatever mulch you have laid out really nice looking....and in about 10 minutes your chickens will have rearranged all of it scratching around for goodies underneath. My run right now is wet and muddy with the snow melt so I have been putting down straw to get them out of the water and to contain some of the mud. We will be adding natural mulch from a tree trimming company later this spring. We get this free as they trim under power lines in the area and are always looking for someplace to dump their bins. Free stuff is GREAT!!
So I’m finishing this area for the chickens it’s a mess right now but want to make it look nice for spring, can i use this mulch ? I let them run around this area usually all day (it’s a mess right now i know).

I wouldn't use anything with dye. Just a side note....you will spend the time getting whatever mulch you have laid out really nice looking....and in about 10 minutes your chickens will have rearranged all of it scratching around for goodies underneath.

Much easier option - instead of trying to make it set up all nice, just dump it in a giant pile, and walk away. Within days the chickens will distribute it everywhere for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom