Chicken run oddities!!

Glad to give you all a mental work out! The run will be the biggest I can make it. At this point that's 75ft2. I do have a 5x30 running the entire backside if my house that just needs a roof added. I'll wait till the bylaw officer cones by to register my hens before I do it though 😛😛

Glad to give you all a mental work out! The run will be the biggest I can make it. At this point that's 75ft2. I do have a 5x30 running the entire backside if my house that just needs a roof added. I'll wait till the bylaw officer cones by to register my hens before I do it though 😛😛

Be aware that even though 5x30 is 150 sq ft, its 150 sq ft that an aggressive bird can absolutely dominate. Its so narrow, a bird it wants to bully can't escape.

Yes, its probably better than not having it at all, but compared to an identical 10 x 15 space, it has a much greater potential for behavioral issues to present as behavioral problems.

Be aware that even though 5x30 is 150 sq ft, its 150 sq ft that an aggressive bird can absolutely dominate. Its so narrow, a bird it wants to bully can't escape.

Yes, its probably better than not having it at all, but compared to an identical 10 x 15 space, it has a much greater potential for behavioral issues to present as behavioral problems.
I would if the row of trees and 6' fence were not there! Technically by the bylaw it's not allowed. It would just be a sometimes run that they could use for short periods of the day.

Back
Top Bottom