Chicken runs-What do you attach woven wire to 2 x 4's with?

The best thing I found to use is 2"crown staples, you can hold the fence tight by yourself and staple it and then when you have the fence where you want it you can go to town and shoot 2" staples where ever you want.

186171_front200.jpg

I nail them together with galvanized poultry staples. They come in 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch sizes. You can get a box of them in the nail aisle at your Home Depot or Lowes.

I used half inch staples and they work well. They kept the neighbors siberian husky which already got to three of my chicks out long enough for us to get him tied up. But seeing the poultry staples i think i may ammend the current solution. They seem to have less give to them.

Quote:
Oh yeah, big old staple gun. We tried a weak one and then had to go back and hammer in the staples! We actually picked up a better one at Big Lots. In fact, we have picked up quite a few tools there for 1/4th the price of identical items at Home Depot. We just swing through Big Lots every couple of weeks. It helps that it is in the same shopping center as Target and Walmart.

It occured to me that we are all trying to give the original poster advice on how to attach something to 2 X 4s but the OP never told us what was being attached.

Some of the suggestions will work for just about any type of wire fencing. Some will work for 1/2 inch hardware cloth.

I was assuming 2" X 4" welded wire fencing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom