chicken saddles - Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cyndilou, Mar 11, 2009.

1. cyndilou

cyndilou New Egg

Mar 9, 2009
    does anyone have any chicken saddles for sale?

2. I second this. I have a bantam silkie girl that I am having to put up even though I got rid of all the silkies roos except one.

I feel so sorry for this poor little girl. I have put ALL the silkie hens in with her, but my numbers are slowly going down due to death.

I have 6 new silkies (she was the mom) but I do not know who is a roo and who is a hen. I DO NOT want her sons chasing her !!

3. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    If you sew at all, you can google for a pattern. I tried to get in touch with someone on here, and they never answered back. So I found my own way.

4. kycklingar!

kycklingar! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    Linköping, Sweden
    the member named "FarmerKitty" shared the following patterns with me. I was desperate for something quick, so I made the no-sew pattern. By golly, it works GREAT. My winifred is growing her feathers back, and it has kept her warm all winter.

5. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

kycklingar! :

the member named "FarmerKitty" shared the following patterns with me. I was desperate for something quick, so I made the no-sew pattern. By golly, it works GREAT. My winifred is growing her feathers back, and it has kept her warm all winter.

Where is the following pattern? LOL. Can you add it? Thanks. My poor little hens are all needing some protection! Dang roos......[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Chickies-duckies-etc

Chickies-duckies-etc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Kansas
    I also need some and have gathered some patterns, will make some for my girls. who are desperate for them, and then can make some for others if they are interested.

I have standard size chickens and bantams to use as models.

Send a pm if you are interested.

7. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    talk to Moodene. She made mine and they are great. The hens strut around like models

8. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Make some your self,,they are easy to make.

i really don't know much about sewing machines, but got ours out and made these up..

nothing fancy just some old jeans i had.

i just made a pattern and made them..used two pieces sewed together for durability so there double the strength of jeans.. [​IMG]

got some on our buff and project orps now..they work perfecly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes i took home economics in school, so time ago. LOL..[​IMG]

Charlie

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You're a good rooster, Charlie to take such tender care of your hens. [​IMG]
    Is Jody jealous?

10. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

she's not i take good care of my old hen to..lolllllll [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] but i do let her sleep in the big coop with me..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by