chicken saddles - Wanted

I second this. I have a bantam silkie girl that I am having to put up even though I got rid of all the silkies roos except one.

I feel so sorry for this poor little girl. I have put ALL the silkie hens in with her, but my numbers are slowly going down due to death.

I have 6 new silkies (she was the mom) but I do not know who is a roo and who is a hen. I DO NOT want her sons chasing her !!

If you sew at all, you can google for a pattern. I tried to get in touch with someone on here, and they never answered back. So I found my own way.

the member named "FarmerKitty" shared the following patterns with me. I was desperate for something quick, so I made the no-sew pattern. By golly, it works GREAT. My winifred is growing her feathers back, and it has kept her warm all winter.

kycklingar! :

the member named "FarmerKitty" shared the following patterns with me. I was desperate for something quick, so I made the no-sew pattern. By golly, it works GREAT. My winifred is growing her feathers back, and it has kept her warm all winter.

Where is the following pattern? LOL. Can you add it? Thanks. My poor little hens are all needing some protection! Dang roos......
roll.png
tongue.png

I also need some and have gathered some patterns, will make some for my girls. who are desperate for them, and then can make some for others if they are interested.

I have standard size chickens and bantams to use as models.

Send a pm if you are interested.

Make some your self,,they are easy to make.

i really don't know much about sewing machines, but got ours out and made these up..

nothing fancy just some old jeans i had.

i just made a pattern and made them..used two pieces sewed together for durability so there double the strength of jeans..
wink.png

got some on our buff and project orps now..they work perfecly...

478_my_1st_saddles_002.jpg

478_my_1st_saddles_001.jpg

yes i took home economics in school, so time ago. LOL..
ya.gif

Charlie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom