Chicken salad

MickeysChicks

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
South Carolina
This afternoon was chicken chores and garden cleanup day. The coop got a thorough cleaning complete with fresh nesting material, and every step was closely supervised by 2 of my RSL's. LOL
big_smile.png

Then we moved on to our raised veggie beds. We cleaned out the dead pepper and tomato plants and the herb bed. The girls had a field day with that addition to the compost pile, they were fighting over the dried up tomatoes and peppers left on the vine. I was in the process of planting 2 dozen lettuce plants and some broccolli when I realized one of my "supervisors" was quietly watching from the edge of the garden cart. As soon as I finished one bed and was busy planting in another, she made her move! Next thing I know she's plucking up my new baby lettuce plants! I snatched the plant away from her a couple of times before my husband could install a barrier fence to keep her out of the lettuce beds! The little thief! You should have seen the look on her face when she realized she couldn't get back into the lettuce bed because of the fencing! LOL
gig.gif

She drew herself up to her full height and primly turned around and stomped back to the coop! Mom=1, lettuce thieving chicken=0

Sounds like you had more 'help' in the garden than you needed, lol. Chickens are a hoot, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom