"CHICKEN" show on PBS tonight!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Omran, Sep 11, 2008.

1. angels4

angels4 Songster

It was on here last night. I really enjoyed a story about a cute little white bantam hen and her quest to become a mom, only I can't temember the title of the story. Anybody who has seen it remember?

2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground

it was called The Natural History of the Chicken. It was on last night here in the Boston area, and is being rerun this Sunday at 1 pm on Channel 2. Also on Channel 44 Friday, 9/12 at 5 am and Monday, 9/15 at 5 am for those who either get up really early or want to record it.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    I just watched it. Hmmm, it was....let me say...interesting. The story about the little white silkie bantam...wanting to be a mother....I just BAWLED!! What a great story. I wont say what happened...for those of you who have yet to see it. The headless chicken story was...ummm, different...and so was the " frozen chicken"

5. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Songster

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Not on our station tonight, gonna have to check more - or watch it on youtube - thanks all!

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

It is a fun show, but it casts chicken owners in a bit of a crazy light. I spend a lot of time trying to convince people in my suburban area and coworkers that live in the city that I'm not some crazy farmer Jed (no offence if you are crazy, a farmer, and/or named Jed) and that I live in the boonies...

7. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    My son's friend has that video so I got to watch that the other night. I thought it was very fun.

8. sticks22

sticks22 Songster

Aug 5, 2008
    Grove, oklahoma
    YAAA! I watched that too! I loved it! Awesome show. I was flipping through the channels and I saw it and had to watch. LOL! [​IMG]

9. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Is that the show with "Cotton Rooster" and his kooky owner? She takes him swimming in the pool and he has his own booster seat in the car. I LOVE THAT! We quote that woman quite often, hehe.

Um, actually, I shouldn't make fun of her. I'm well on my way to becoming just like that [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground

That woman is nuts. Sorry, folks, but she's over the top with that chicken! But great fun to watch! [​IMG]

I have to say the saddest thing I saw was the way the chicks are handled at birth. That brought tears to my eyes. Then the battery cages....I know it's part of some chickens' lives, but how awful - what a way to treat our potential food.

The family that raised their chickens on pasture and eventually ate them brought a nice centering to the way chicken folks are viewed. They were in no way nutty. Respectful and kind to their food source.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: