Chicken Sneezing and now Walking Not Balanced

Jan 10, 2022
I have a chicken who has been sneezing for a week. We brought her inside, and got some advice and they said to treat her for cocci even though her poop was normal. She stopped eating and drinking so I was giving her water with a syringe. Saturday, Jan. 8, she started drinking and eating on her own like she was starving, which was positive. I ordered some denegard, but it's been delayed due to snow storms, so I got her on LA-200. Because she was breathing with mouth open. Her sneeze now sounds like a sneeze with a hiccup.

My main concern now is since she was on corrid, she is wobbly and weak in one leg and now I want to start her on vitamins. I will upload a video of her walking. What do you all suggest. She's eating and drinking, so I feel like I need to start vitamins asap.

Attachments

• 20220110_061301.jpg
    20220110_061301.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 57
How old is she? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? If she is off Corid, you can give her vitamins with riboflavin such as vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet crushed in food or a spoonful of water daily. That might help her leg. Does it seem paralyzed or have curled under toes? Is she putting weight on the leg or holding it up? Sneezing and chirping can be a sign of respiratory disease, but also could be from dust in feed or poor ventilation. How often does she sneeze? Is there any bubbles or foam in an eye or any swelling of an eyelid?

How old is she? Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? If she is off Corid, you can give her vitamins with riboflavin such as vitamin B complex 1/4 tablet crushed in food or a spoonful of water daily. That might help her leg. Does it seem paralyzed or have curled under toes? Is she putting weight on the leg or holding it up? Sneezing and chirping can be a sign of respiratory disease, but also could be from dust in feed or poor ventilation. How often does she sneeze? Is there any bubbles or foam in an eye or any swelling of an eyelid?
No bubbles or foam in the eye. She has not been vaccinated. She is 6 months old. I have human form vitamin B complex, is that ok. She can put weight on the leg it's not paralyzed. She sneezes every time she gets up to walk when sitting she sneezes, but she's more relaxed and she's resting. I would say she sneezes every 10-15 minutes, I need to time it, but it's enough for me to be concerned. Maybe she caught it cause her immune system was down if she had cocci.

Yes, human B complex is what I would use. Check her nostrils for any plugs or a piece of feed. Have any other chickens been sneezing? Infectious bronchitis virus can cause sneezing every few minutes. But dust and feed, or other environmental cause could be possible.

Back
Top Bottom