Chicken sneezing

Apr 9, 2019
Maryland
I've heard my chickens sneeze before, maybe once or twice. But we have a chicken who sneezes, no joke, 7+ times in a row. Should I be concerned?

p.s. did I post this in the right place?

Last edited:
My chickens sneeze a lot too, even when they are outside. They have no other symptoms--no runny/crusty noses or eyes, no coughing, no lethargy, no weird poops. It worries me, too, but it's been all summer and they've shown absolutely no other signs of ill health, so...:idunno If mine were to show other signs of respiratory infection...I think I would cull. :hit I don't want to mess around with contagious illnesses.

My chickens sneeze a lot too, even when they are outside. They have no other symptoms--no runny/crusty noses or eyes, no coughing, no lethargy, no weird poops. It worries me, too, but it's been all summer and they've shown absolutely no other signs of ill health, so...:idunno If mine were to show other signs of respiratory infection...I think I would cull. :hit I don't want to mess around with contagious illnesses.
That read my mind!

I have an Australorp rooster that every time it gets dry, he starts to sneeze. I kind of pick at him because he sounds like a girl :yesss: Mean momma!
Husband is leveling the pad surrounding the barn to make it easier for me to walk so it’s even drier now with all that dirt flying. Russell Crow, the Roo, is NOT happy about it :hit
So I take him treats ❤️
As long as they don’t show any other signs, I see it as allergies and make sure they don’t have anything stuck in their noses. A good wet rinse with a damp tooth pick can help that.

Back
Top Bottom