Chicken sounding asthmatic??

Rhi1

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 5, 2012
My 5 month old RIR started moaning after laying this morning and now this has turned into what can only be described asthmatic sounding breathing with the occasional sneeze/cough thrown in, almost as if she's trying to clear her nose or throat. Her eyes are clear and there's no mucus or anything. She's running around scratching and pecking with the other two and the severity of the sound correlates with how much she's running around or stressing about something. I don't think that it's gapeworm, as there's no hissing, neck stretching or gasping. Their coop is due to be cleaned out today but nothing has been changed in there. Being new to all this, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this type of thing, as I'd prefer to see if it clears up before stressing her with a vet visit.
hmm.png

Get some VetRX poultry remedy and follow directions. You can dip a Q-tip in it and swab the roof of the birds mouth near the back of the throat. You can also use it in the bird's drinking water. Get some Tylan 50 from the feed store and inject 1cc in the breast muscle for 3-5 days. If you don't see improvement in 3 days, you could try enrofloxacin (Baytril).

Back
Top Bottom