Chicken standing vertically. Thoughts?

For a layer hybrid hen like her to reach 5 years, is more than double of their ususal life span. So you must have provided very good living conditions and care.
Thanks, I remember when we got them I wasn't really thinking about life span and was only thinking about how pretty they were lol. At the time we had 6 silver laced wyandottes who were over 10 years old and I guess I just assumed I could do the same with these ones. I suppose I should've looked into it more at the time cause I really only wanted pets, not eggs. We kinda just took whatever TSC had 😂 she still has a sister alive too, doesn't lay anymore but is overall healthy.

Last edited:
silver laced wyandottes who were over 10 years old
The last of my silver laced Wyandottes is 7 years old now and just started to lay again after molting. I am waiting for her to go broody again and this year raise some more Wyandottes and Amrocks for me.

She really is a character and a pet also.

Edit: And she absolutely loves raising chicks every year!

1644859590234.jpeg

Last edited:
The last of my silver laced Wyandottes is 7 years old now and just started to lay again after molting. I am waiting for her to go broody again and this year raise some more Wyandottes and Amrocks for me.

She really is a character and a pet also.

Edit: And she absolutely loves raising chicks every year!

View attachment 2993878
Aw. From what I've seen with them, at least the ones we had, were very friendly, and very hardy. 2 of ours, Penelope and Molly, lived to be 14. So hopefully you still have a good many years with your girl!

She's doing better. more energy, normal poop, still Normal eating and drinking, overall doesn't appear to be in much pain. And she seems to be walking a bit more normal. Just slightly. Still some swelling for sure, we gave her a bath and she seems to be doing better 👍
Thanks for the update, her getting b etter is really interesting. I honestly thought she would have died by now.

*Update* Well I never put her down, and despite it taking quite some time, and having quite a long and probably lonely stay in our garage, She's doing a lot better. Walking almost normally at this point, still some swelling but same appetite, same attitude etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_194929744.jpg
    IMG_20220226_194929744.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220226_194648824.jpg
    IMG_20220226_194648824.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220226_194923622.jpg
    IMG_20220226_194923622.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom