Chicken still limping

Hi, she is still limping I think she dislocated something or bad sprain it has been 4 weeks but she is back with the flock (kind of) she stays with the flock until bedtime then she flies over the fence we have around the patio and comes to the door for me to take her to her cage in the garage, (she doesn't want anything to do with the coop) same when she has to lay an egg she comes to the door. She seems okay she eats and free ranges with the rest of the flock and they are not attacking her now
The roost was pretty high in the coop I think she hurt herself getting up on the roost we have since lowered the roost. I also thought she had bumble foot but she didn't, I hope your hen does well!

Hi, she is still limping I think she dislocated something or bad sprain it has been 4 weeks but she is back with the flock (kind of) she stays with the flock until bedtime then she flies over the fence we have around the patio and comes to the door for me to take her to her cage in the garage, (she doesn't want anything to do with the coop) same when she has to lay an egg she comes to the door. She seems okay she eats and free ranges with the rest of the flock and they are not attacking her now
The roost was pretty high in the coop I think she hurt herself getting up on the roost we have since lowered the roost. I also thought she had bumble foot but she didn't, I hope your hen does well!
Well glad to hear she’s still with you and the flock
haven’t started to pick on her. I have been putting my girl in a cage at night just to avoid
the stress of being on the roost and possible
Injury again. Not sure what happened whether
She twisted her foot in the yard or an issue from
the roost. I don’t see anything on the bottom
of her feet. Hoping to let her back up soon I
Just don’t want any issues with the rest not letting her come up to roost at night.

I hope thing continue to progress well with yours
Take care

Well glad to hear she’s still with you and the flock
haven’t started to pick on her. I have been putting my girl in a cage at night just to avoid
the stress of being on the roost and possible
Injury again. Not sure what happened whether
She twisted her foot in the yard or an issue from
the roost. I don’t see anything on the bottom
of her feet. Hoping to let her back up soon I
Just don’t want any issues with the rest not letting her come up to roost at night.

I hope thing continue to progress well with yours
Take care
Hi, how is your chicken doing? is she still limping? Mine is still limping but not as bad. I have 7 new chicks (10 weeks old) now one of them is limping! I am wondering if I have a bully that is hurting them I haven't seen any attacks just the occasional peck so I am not sure. The original limpy has been with the flock except when she lays her egg she won't go in the coop, I put her in and she runs back out so she comes to the door to be put in her cage to lay.

Hi, how is your chicken doing? is she still limping? Mine is still limping but not as bad. I have 7 new chicks (10 weeks old) now one of them is limping! I am wondering if I have a bully that is hurting them I haven't seen any attacks just the occasional peck so I am not sure. The original limpy has been with the flock except when she lays her egg she won't go in the coop, I put her in and she runs back out so she comes to the door to be put in her cage to lay.
Hi, she is all better must have just been a slight
Injury . Caged her for a few nights just to keep her off the roost at night but she’ s back to her
old self. Thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom