Chicken Stow Away!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheeptrick, Oct 4, 2007.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    My chickens have been hopping into the car while we are getting ready to leave. We went driving down the road the other day and heard this bawk bawk from the back seat and lo and behold a chicken had jumped into the car!
    They are so friendly now that they are laying...we are loving them more than ever!
    [​IMG]

2. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

That is soooo funny!

It's true; they do get so much friendlier. Hope it lasts!

3. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    That's hilarious--I would love to see a picture of your chicken in the backseat!

4. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm a member of our local free cycle and someone came to pick up some free STUFF and my chickens got in their car! I wasn't here...but they absolutely cracked up and emailed me that my chickens wanted to come home with them...wanted to know if the chickens were FREE too!! [​IMG]
    I've got to be careful...she's trying to ESCAPE! [​IMG]

5. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    Wonder where they think they are going and if they hang their heads out the window like dogs do?

6. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    You may have to start checking for eggs before you sit. That would not be a fun surprise on the way to work...

[​IMG]

7. Yankeechick

Yankeechick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2007
    Connecticut
    That's really funny! Until I raised chickens, I never would have guessed how much personality they would have. I just love them!

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

That is hilarious. If any one of my chickens jumped in I would have a fit. Had one jump on the car to leave clear coat scratches and after hours of buffing you can still see them!!! Let's just say that chicken will never jump on another car.

9. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Ours do that, too. I'm going to start carrying a camera all the time, because when unloading groceries recently I walked back out to find four hens in the back of my van, and the dog in the driver's seat! What a great picture it would've been; I just wasn't quite quick enough!

10. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by